JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete Codes for AT&T U-Verse rc1534803 and Marantz SR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtman74

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Discrete Codes for AT&T U-Verse rc1534803 and Marantz SR Reply with quote

Hello, I recently changed from horrible Comcast service to AT&T U-verse. When I got a new Marantz SR6003 some great people on the forum helped me program my Comcast JP1 remote. I'm hoping there are some people that are know about the RC1534803 that came with my Cisco STB for AT&T u-verse.

The basic code that controlled a few functions of the receiver was 6058.

I have also found a link of the entire Marantz remote code listing here:
http://us.marantz.com/Marantz_RC_codes_All_AVR_Amp.zip

Hopefully there is someone that can put these two together and help me get this remote working! Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge and with a setup code like 6058, this is not a UEI remote, so all the cool UEI tricks that we used on your comcast remote won't work.

You might want to pick up a UEI remote. I don't recall if the 8820N or the RCA RCR05P have your basic setup for the Marantz, but they both have learning, so you can train the remote to handle the basic operations.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm.. frequently (usually?) when one returns a cable box, they do not require return of the remote. If you perchance still have your Comcast remote, it can certainly be reprogrammed to operate your new cable box and all your gear.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mtman74

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: I still have the comcast remote . . . . Reply with quote

I still have the comcast remote, how do I program it to control the AT&T Cisco box?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly you have the Comast 1067B with the RED OK/Select button. No JP1 cable. Programming this without a cable might not be possible.

The 1067B remote has several Cisco cable setup codes and none of the AT&T codes. Try all of these setup codes and see if any of them give you control over your Cisco box.
[0]0877
[0]1877
[0]1982

However it looks like the Uverse Cisco IPN330HD and IPN4320 uses Nokia32 signals and I don't know if there is anything in the Comcast that shoots the Nokia32
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7731

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the model number of the Cisco box? Is it IPN330HD, IPN4320 or IPN430MC? If so, I suspect the setup code is CBL/1998, which isn't in your Comcast remote, but could be added using a JP1 cable.
mtman74

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vickyg/Robman.

Yes, I do have the Comcast 1067B with the red button . . . . and nope, I don't have a cable. Unfotunately none of the codes worked.

The box I have is the Cisco IPN330HD-SG-A. So looks like my only option will be to get a cable and try the download in the post Vickyg recommended.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtman74 wrote:
Thanks Vickyg/Robman.

Yes, I do have the Comcast 1067B with the red button . . . . and nope, I don't have a cable. Unfotunately none of the codes worked.

The box I have is the Cisco IPN330HD-SG-A. So looks like my only option will be to get a cable and try the download in the post Vickyg recommended.

There is also the option of buying a learning remote like the

RCA RCR05PB ~ 13.00
or
URC-8820N ~$15.00

and then learn the signals from the AT&T remote.

ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Ummm.. frequently (usually?) when one returns a cable box, they do not require return of the remote. If you perchance still have your Comcast remote, it can certainly be reprogrammed to operate your new cable box and all your gear.

Few days back I returned a Comcast box. Tried to hold on to the remote, not that it's of any use with 3 devices, still was interesting to play with Bill's extender. Anyway, I had to go back to the car and give back the remote. They even make it in writing.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

Few days back I returned a Comcast box. Tried to hold on to the remote, not that it's of any use with 3 devices, still was interesting to play with Bill's extender. Anyway, I had to go back to the car and give back the remote. They even make it in writing.

Not only do I need to return it, my condo association's board signed a contract where I have to pay $3 a month to rent the remote! Doh! Rolling Eyes These people had no idea what they locked us into!

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I did not say ALWAYS, I said FREQUENTLY! Rolling Eyes Sheesh! My supply of Cox remotes has come from returning and exchanging various boxes and never returning the remote. So sue me already! Cool

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

There is also the option of buying a learning remote like the

RCA RCR05PB ~ 13.00
or
URC-8820N ~$15.00

and then learn the signals from the AT&T remote.

Actually both of these remotes have a built-in setup code, which Rob already mentioned: Cable 1998.
So it isn't necessary to learn the signals.

Vicky,
It appears to me that the Lookup Tool may have an error regarding the 0173 executor. Using Protocol Search, setup code 1998 (Nokia32, device 37) is not found. However, using By Setup Code, and searching on Cable 1998, lists the above remotes, although the access method is shown as N/A.

I experimentally verified that the RCRP05B does have Cable 1998.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Actually both of these remotes have a built-in setup code, which Rob already mentioned: Cable 1998.
So it isn't necessary to learn the signals.

Vicky,
It appears to me that the Lookup Tool may have an error regarding the 0173 executor. Using Protocol Search, setup code 1998 (Nokia32, device 37) is not found. However, using By Setup Code, and searching on Cable 1998, lists the above remotes, although the access method is shown as N/A.

I experimentally verified that the RCRP05B does have Cable 1998.

EEEWWW. Well it looks like I'm going to have to update the Lookup Tool.
I'm going to be on pain killers next week so I don't know if I'll be able to think well enough to figure out what went wrong and fix it. Please Nag me about this next Sunday so that I get it done. Hopefully Rob will have Devices.xls updated by then so I can incorporate that as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: