JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

from IR to KM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
89formula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: from IR to KM Reply with quote

How do you "export" a device from IR to KM? For example, I have an 8910 remote and my stereo receiver is a 1023, from the book, not an upgrade device. How do I extract these codes, so I can load them into another remote, such as a modified Sony D-Tivo remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: you don't.

Long answer is you check the file section to see if there's an upgrade there you can use. The RCVR/1023 code is for Pioneer receivers and there's several upgrades available for those.

In the event that there isn't an upgrade available, you use your JP1 learning remote (ie, the URC-8910) to capture the signals from your original remote and you build an upgrade yourself.
89formula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sucks.

So the data for individual buttons on built in codes are not stored in the EPROM?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct... the built-in codes are stored in the remote's ROM. JP1 doesn't provide access to ROM; it can only read/write the EEPROM.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89formula wrote:
Well, that sucks.

How is it preventing you from moving forward with your programming? Your immediate task was to program your Pioneer receiver and I told you that there's an upgrade waiting for you in the file section (use the Pioneer-master file). sAre there other codes you were hoping to move from one remote to the other? If so, what are the codes and what are the devices that they control? Chances are we have upgrades for them too.

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
89formula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to understand what is possible and what is not. Smile Part of it is I wanted to disable the power button because I keep hitting it accidentally. What I did was to learn it to do the same function as another button, but I think it would be beter if it did nothing at all.

Thanks for your help
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

89formula wrote:
I wanted to disable the power button because I keep hitting it accidentally. What I did was to learn it to do the same function as another button, but I think it would be beter if it did nothing at all.

There are several different good ways to approach that problem:

1) Pioneer receivers are all pretty similar to each other in command structure. The built-in 1023 setup code is probably no closer to your particular receiver than any Pioneer upgrade in the JP1 files area. You can start with one of those upgrades, unmap the power button and fix any other buttons that don't do what you want.

2) A KeyMove of some arbitrary EFC from some setup code for some device that you don't have would probably be a better "do nothing" command than a learned signal for a device you do have.

3) A KeyMove for some setup code the remote doesn't even have may be an even better do nothing. KeyMoves for non present setup codes tend to seriously mess up the state of the extender if you're using an extender. But if you're not using an extender, I THINK a KeyMove of a non present setup code is a clean "do nthing".

4) If you have an extender with DSM support then a "do nothing" DSM is easy to construct.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, in this case, the RCVR/1023 setup code doesn't even support advanced codes, so programming any EFC using the remote itself will almost certainly produce a non-working button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: