JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Motorola VIP1960-9DB - Amino protocol 56khz (No IR Sent)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noirfire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Motorola VIP1960-9DB - Amino protocol 56khz (No IR Sent) Reply with quote

Optimus (Motorola VIP1960-9DB) is for the Danish Ortler STB.

This remote has the Amino protocol 56khz when I place this protocol on the Slingbox Pro HD, it seems no IR is sent through the IR blasters. This was checked using the camera on my phone but if i change it to 36khz the IR signals can been seen.

Is this a problem with the protocol or with the Slingbox anyone have any Idea why this is happening?

Files can be found;
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10816
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the Bins don't import back in to RM correctly, the upgrade does work on a URC-6131 (which is the same processor) and the other slingbox protocol that we are currently working on in another thread shoots at a rate above 56K, so this hz shouldn't be an issue unless the slingbox model may make a difference. 56K is a pretty high frequency, and if you were using a repeater system, or if you are using replacement IR Blasters, you might want to check to see if they are rated for 56K.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorola VIP1960-9DB - Amino protocol 56khz (No IR Sent) Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
Optimus (Motorola VIP1960-9DB) is for the Danish Ortler STB.

This remote has the Amino protocol 56khz when I place this protocol on the Slingbox Pro HD, it seems no IR is sent through the IR blasters. This was checked using the camera on my phone but if i change it to 36khz the IR signals can been seen.

Is this a problem with the protocol or with the Slingbox anyone have any Idea why this is happening?

Files can be found;
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10816

I uploaded your bins into my Slingbox Pro-HD then used IR Scope and Widget to record the signals into the following file.If you group RMDU and BIN files together in the future then I recommend that you make sure that they are relative files. It seems the BIN you provided did not match RMDU file for some of the assignments. This threw me into a wild goose chase as I started troubleshooting the RDF for inconsistencies. However, once I exported the new bins from your RDMU, I realized you just submitted asynchronous versions of each file. To show the difference, I labeled the actual function name beside the found button name within parenthesis.

As for why you cannot see the 56Khz version through your phone there could be lots of reasons. It could be the photonic sensors in your phone are not sensitive to that bandwidth or its capture software is filtering the display. Otherwise, the IR Blasters and/or the Slingbox itself are defective. Honestly, cannot pinpoint why you cannot see them but I can assure you that my iPhone 3GS and IR Widget responds to IR emitting from the Slingbox Pro-HD with the 56Khz BIN files.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to eferz:
Quote:
If you group RMDU and BIN files together in the future then I recommend that you make sure that they are relative files. It seems the BIN you provided did not match RMDU file for some of the assignments. This threw me into a wild goose chase as I started troubleshooting the RDF for inconsistencies. However, once I exported the new bins from your RDMU, I realized you just submitted asynchronous versions of each file. To show the difference, I labeled the actual function name beside the found button name within parenthesis.

My apologies I'm not quite sure how that happen, I will be more careful in future. The reason I place this up is because I can't get the stb to respond to the 56khz bin. I was hoping that this was the issue but from what your saying it probably isn't.

Do you have any suggestion on why this maybe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: