JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HUMAX iHD-FOX C (KabelBW - Germany)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Question for Rob, was there a way to use your obc's in KM? I just multiplied them by 2 and added 1 if the real obc was even, but was there a way where I could have kept the OBC and had a checksum bit separately?

If we were to properly add the protocol to KM, we would have KM calculate the final bit, likewise for RM, but when you're using "Manual Settings" you need to calculate the bit in advance, as you did.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,

I wasn't really happy with my original upgrade. I tweaked the timings of this protocol a by adding 20 to all the off times, and now its as good as I can get visually.

This should be good enough for even the pickiest devices.

protocol
http://ww.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10789

keymaster file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10796

Now its up to the slingbox people.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I wasn't really happy with my original upgrade. I tweaked the timings of this protocol a by adding 20 to all the off times, and now its as good as I can get visually.

Now its up to the slingbox people.

Thanks to all the senior experts whom help to create a match. I transcribed their results with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
BIN file Instructions.
Customization instructions:Btw, the upgrade only has 34 of the 43 functions listed from the LHD. The following commands are missing; Archive, Help, iTV, Option, Record, Search, Select/Ok, Teletext, and TV/Radio.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the modified OBCs (ie, the ones that you would enter in RM) for the missing functions:

101 Archive
74 Help
73 iTV
62 Option
86 Record
50 Search
30 Select/Ok
70 Teletext
01 TV/Radio
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the true OBCs for all the functions:
00 - Tv/Radio
01 - Num 1
02 - Num 2
03 - Num 3
04 - Num 4
05 - Num 5
06 - Num 6
07 - Num 7
08 - Num 8
09 - Num 9
10 - Num 0
11 - PowerToggle
12 - DirectionUp
13 - DirectionDown
14 - DirectionLeft
15 - Select/Ok
16 - DirectionRight
17 - Yellow
18 - Red
19 - VolumeUp
20 - ChannelUp
21 - VolumeDown
22 - ChannelDown
23 - Info
24 - Blue
25 - Search
26 - ChannelPrev
27 - Mute
28 - Green
30 - Menu
31 - Option
35 - Teletext
36 - iTV
37 - Help
38 - Play
40 - Rewind
41 - FastForward
42 - Stop
43 - Record
44 - Pause
46 - Exit
50 - Archive
52 - Guide
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here are the modified OBCs (ie, the ones that you would enter in RM) for the missing functions:

101 Archive
74 Help
73 iTV
62 Option
86 Record
50 Search
30 Select/Ok
70 Teletext
01 TV/Radio

Thanks, Rob. I've appended the missing commands in v1.1 of the aforementioned upload.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am glad that Rob supplied those, because I went back to the ICTs to try and dig them out and even knowing the pattern, it was too confusing for me to do, even though some people some people might say "once we've decided to try phase shift keying as a candidate decoding, the rest follows pretty easily." It will never be an easy protocol for me!
Rolling Eyes Laughing
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here are the true OBCs for all the functions:
00 - Tv/Radio
52 - Guide

I take it that we can't use the true OBCs unless the protocol is modified to use them or if we find a built-in executor that addresses it.

vickyg2003 wrote:
even though some people some people might say "once we've decided to try phase shift keying as a candidate decoding, the rest follows pretty easily." It will never be an easy protocol for me!
Rolling Eyes Laughing

Haha. That was snappish but in a cute and funny way.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
You'll notice that I didn't supply the OBCs--it's a lot of work when done manually, even if one does know the IR protocol, and I didn't go to the trouble. It is easy for me to decode a biphase from the graphs in IRScope-- Just look for negative going or positive going edges at every 2 units. But this quad phase protocol staggers the timing around, and I can't decode it from a graph at all.

By "the rest", I meant the details of the IR protocol, not the OBCs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
I take it that we can't use the true OBCs unless the protocol is modified to use them or if we find a built-in executor that addresses it.

It wouldn't make any sense to modify the protocol to generate the checkbit. If we were to ever fully support this protocol what we would do is add logic to RM and/or KM so that the program would generate the checkbit.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Dave all I can say is thank you. This thing has been bugging me on and off for more than a year! I am so glad its cracked. I feel like a celebration is in order!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I sure am glad that Rob supplied those, because I went back to the ICTs to try and dig them out and even knowing the pattern, it was too confusing for me to do, even though some people some people might say "once we've decided to try phase shift keying as a candidate decoding, the rest follows pretty easily." It will never be an easy protocol for me!
Rolling Eyes Laughing

Here's what I did...

1) Open the ICT using IRScope, select all the buttons and export in UEI mode.
2) Drop the export into my converter spreadsheet and create an IR file
3) Open the generated file using IR, set the rounding to 105, and click Times Summary
4) Then I pasted the Times Summary data into a new spreadsheet. I used the SUBSTITUTE function to convert all the times to multiples of +1 or -1
5) Then I started another tab where I brought all those +1s and -1s in in blocks of 12 bytes (eg, "+1 +1 -1 -1 ").
6) Then I started another tab where I converted the known combinations into 00, 01, 10 or 11, and from there I could extract the OBCs

Here's the XLS:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10799

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
It wouldn't make any sense to modify the protocol to generate the checkbit. If we were to ever fully support this protocol what we would do is add logic to RM and/or KM so that the program would generate the checkbit.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation. The other thing I was going to ask is whether or not the Samsung SMT-C520, which is represented in this thread uses the same protocol? And if so, is it possible to decode the OBCs to empower me to create an upgrade for it too?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
The other thing I was going to ask is whether or not the Samsung SMT-C520, which is represented in this thread uses the same protocol? And if so, is it possible to decode the OBCs to empower me to create an upgrade for it too?

Good call, it does indeed look like the same protocol, but the learns in that ICt are as bad as the initial learns posted in this thread, so they're not good enough to get code data from them.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Good call, it does indeed look like the same protocol, but the learns in that ICt are as bad as the initial learns posted in this thread, so they're not good enough to get code data from them.

Okay, cool. I'll wrangle up some learns for you. After all, my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard. Totally don't know what that means but thought I'd throw it in there for funsees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: