JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HUMAX iHD-FOX C (KabelBW - Germany)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, hadn't noticed we hadn't come up with a solution and we got diverted into a discussion about IRScopr.

Rob/Vicky - Did you ever figure out the details for this box ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, this thread was cited in another thread, where we talked about this being an XMP-4 command with all sorts of toggling going on behind the scenes.

I can't find the thread, and I have not had time to relook at the timings to make sure. But xmp-4 is such a huge protocol, that it will be too big to load into a slingbox.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
weltmeister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have also the same receiver, and what do we need to do in order to use it? Can someone post me the link where i can find the continuation of that discussion?

Thanks

Mike
bnordman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: No remote? Reply with quote

Hello all,

As of last week, I have the same receiver: Humax iHD FOX C and I can't get any remote of the Slingbox to work the receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bjoern
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just revisited this weird protocol and have come up with an upgrade that might work.

Here are the Slingbox files:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10784
bnordman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have just revisited this weird protocol and have come up with an upgrade that might work.

Here are the Slingbox files:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10784

Hey Rob,
I just tried that out and I can't control power or channel up/down (which really are the important controls for me).
Any help I can provide?
Thanks,
Bjoern
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
I just tried that out and I can't control power or channel up/down (which really are the important controls for me). Any help I can provide?

What about the other keys? Do they work or are the ones you mentioned the only ones you're interested in?

The Robman wrote:

Do you think the custom protocol in your upgrade can also be used for the Samsung SMT C520? I distinctly remember there was a Protocol Decode request mentioned this was a similar if not the same protocol in this thread, "Samsung SMT C520 & Humax HD-FOX C".
bnordman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
bnordman wrote:
I just tried that out and I can't control power or channel up/down (which really are the important controls for me). Any help I can provide?

What about the other keys? Do they work or are the ones you mentioned the only ones you're interested in?

I tried the other keys as well and they do not work. In general I am interested in all keys, but the Power & Channel Up/Down are the most important for me.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
I tried the other keys as well and they do not work. In general I am interested in all keys, but the Power & Channel Up/Down are the most important for me.

Right, that's understandable. However, since Rob has to create a custom protocol in order to address your device, it is helpful to know whether or not the one he submitted is partially successful or not at all. Otherwise, he could have been wasting his time trying to figure out the correct function codes for those particular keys instead of redesigning the protocol. So, thank you for checking. I'm sure your feedback will assist him in helping you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original protocol for this device is a mess, there's lots of variation in the signal, even when it's the same button being pressed, so it's really difficult to know what it's trying to do.

Back when we first looked at this, I gave up, but this second time around I came up with a guess as to what it was doing, but I obviously guessed wrong. I don't know what else to try, sorry.
bnordman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
thanks for trying. This is not a good sign at all. I don't understand why somebody would create such a complicated protocol for a remote when it really doesn't benefit anybody. it's not like this needs to be a secure device or anything like that...
Bjoern
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I missed some of the available data, but what I have seen consists of Widget learns from a Harmony. As Rob says, the recorded signals are varying, even in the number of learned burst pairs, for a single function.

I think the most likely explanation is that the data we have is partially wrong. I believe that a Harmony will send the same signal over and over again. But that's not what the available data shows, and it doesn't appear that the Harmony is doing any systematic variation of the signal, like e.g. alternating toggles.

I would like to see learns taken directly from the original remote. If we can't get that, I would like to see a different set of learns from a Harmony, taken with both a Widget and with a UEI remote. Some of the problem may be related to method of learning.

Earl, I think you probably have the equipment to learn from a Harmony with both a Widget and a UEI remote. Are you will to record some signals?
bnordman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original remote and can provide any help that I can as a newbie to all of this. Just let me know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnordman wrote:
I have the original remote and can provide any help that I can as a newbie to all of this. Just let me know.

I'm guessing that you don't have any tools that you could use to capture the signals, right? Are you really located in the US, and if so, would you be willing to loan the remote to one of us so we could capture the signals?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: HUMAX iHD-FOX C (KabelBW - Germany) Reply with quote

esimony wrote:
STB Model: HUMAX iHD-FOX C. The remote is from ruwido, protocol is r-map.

If the esimony is correct then the protocol is called Ruwido Multimedia Application Protocol (r-map). I had to use the Internet Way-back Machine had to be used to get the following information.

archive.org wrote:
    R-Map
  • for uni-directional and bi-directional applications
  • 4 or more devices at the same time / multiple players
  • maximum speed for ultimate playing comfort
  • downloadable, it can be retrofitted in your box
    General:
  • r-map defines a various of IR transmission formats
  • including unidirectional and bi-directional transmission codes.
  • Several IR control devices can work simultaneously with one base station not causing any interference during transmission.
  • r-map is the most advanced IR-transmission system for applications in the field of digital terrestrial, sattelite and cable set top boxes as well as play stations.
  • r-map is available in unidirectional and bidirectional versions
    Performance:
  • up to 5 key presses per second for each game remote
  • up to 4 game remotes sending IR-frames simultaneously
  • r-map bi-directional version is not limited by numbers of game remotes
  • time stamping 1 ms
  • no interference
  • open software structure allows downloading to already installed boxes
  • angle is nearly 360 ° / range up to 20m
  • low power consumption

3FG wrote:
Earl, I think you probably have the equipment to learn from a Harmony with both a Widget and a UEI remote. Are you will to record some signals?

Yes, I am willing to do so. However, I believe that Alan Richey already has submitted a full set already using a widget, "HUMAX iHD-FOX C ict" if you believe a duplicate will help then let me know. For now, I'll see about sampling some keys onto the OARI06G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: