JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-10820N Extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

khonderd wrote:
Apparently I'm missing something obvious because I can't get the SKP (Short-Key-Press) part of the LKP to work correctly. I'm trying to make a long press of Mute turn the headphones on my TV. A LKP turns on the wireless headphone option, but the SKP does nothing and I want it to do the original command of muting the TV.

Here is my IR file, stripped of pretty much everything except the default options and my LKP. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8729

Also, CBL/SAT code 2303 shows as invalid with this rdf, but was valid on the 10820N standard rdf. I changed the code I was using to make sure this wasn't part of the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your problem is that your SKP is NOT calling the "Mute" FUNCTION, it is calling the "Mute" BUTTON, which has your SKP/LKP on it, so it really is just calling itself again.

Here's what to do:
1. Move your keymove from "shift-Mute" to "xshift-MUTE"
2. Change your LKP sequence to call "xshift-Mute"
3. Change your SKP sequence to call "shift-Mute"

Then it should work.

The SKP calling "shift-Mute" will look for a Keymove on "shift-Mute" and not finding one will invoke the underlying UNshifted function. This is called shift-cloaking and is a very useful tool/feature when building a lot of LKPs.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
khonderd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, makes sense. I was thinking the original button was unchanged and the LKP simply affected how the button acted based on the timing of the press. Apparently the LKP REPLACES the original button. Thank you. I really shouldn't be trying this out on only a few hours sleep. Confused
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: LKP on device key problem Reply with quote

I am having problems using long key press on some of the device key macros such as CD using the 10820N extender beta. For isolation I set AUX2 to the same device code as CD (1525 that is the setup code for my Pioneer Blu Ray player.

A zip file containing the IR file and this text in a file is here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8771

The CD key macro does some key sets and the calls CD phantom 3 that is a LKP.
The short side does nothing.
The long side
PIP mapped to the discrete ON code for the Blu Ray
Phantom 6 is a macro that calls TV Phantom 4 and then does Dev_AUD;0 that selects the Video 1 input of my Onkyo AVR (receiver).

TV phantom 4 is a ToadTog test which checks the TV power toggle (4)
If the TV is on it calls AUD phantom 4
If the TV is off it does TV discrete on, three 4 second delays (TV phantom 1), "Input" that selects the TV tuner, and calls AUD phantom 4

AUD phantom 4 is a ToadTog test which checks the AUD power toggle (0)
If the AVR is on it executes the Dev_AUD;0;Set_Vol selecting AVR video 1 and setting the volume keys to AUD
If the AVR is off it executes Dev_TV;Set_Vol setting the volume keys to TV

As far as I can tell none of the long key press side runs because the Blu Ray player doesn't get the discrete ON (PIP)

The AUX2 key macro is a clone of the CD key macro that calls AUX2 Phantom3
AUX2 phantom3 is a clone of the CD phantom3 changed to a double key press.
AUX2 DKP executes correctly.

However, the VCR key macro calls VCR phantom 3 that is a LKP that functions as expected.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an interesting problem. As you pointed out, the VCR LKP is working as advertised but the LKP on the VCR, but not on the CD. If I change the Aux2 to an LKP it works as advertised too.

Its acting as though Cd/Phantom3 is in use by another function.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I cannot help solve the specific problem you are dealing with, I can help identify ANOTHER problem (or perhaps a SYMPTOM?) Twisted Evil

Open Jim's extended IR file in RMIR and the Special Functions Tab only displays the ToadTog functions for me, while the Pause and LKP/DKP functions are all on the Keymove Tab. Rolling Eyes

I suspect the extender RDF may be the culprit, since RMIR properly displays all manner of Special Functions in the appropriate location for my OCAP and other extender files.

Perhaps a clue, or perhaps a red herring. Question Wink

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try using a real key and shifted real key instead of phantom3.

FYI all the LKP power functions work as expected.

I prefer LKP to either DKP or shift for two actions on the same key.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used RMIR yet. I am finding that there is something going on with the whole CD selection key, so I have some really strange things. If RMIR has been used on this, perhaps I should reinstall the extender to see if RMIR corrupted something.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I did something terrible to the extender last time I worked on it. It's not working at all! I need to find what I did and undo it. It's my problem, not yours.

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I haven't used RMIR yet. I am finding that there is something going on with the whole CD selection key, so I have somereally strange things. If RMIR has been used on this, perhaps I should reinstall the extender to see if RMIR corrupted something.
Vicky, I have no reason to suspect that Jim used RMIR. His file is an ".ir" file and not a ".rmir", so it was created with IR, not RMIR. I simply opened it in RMIR and reported on how it was displaying.

Amazon Firestick
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I haven't used RMIR yet. I am finding that there is something going on with the whole CD selection key, so I have somereally strange things. If RMIR has been used on this, perhaps I should reinstall the extender to see if RMIR corrupted something.
Vicky, I have no reason to suspect that Jim used RMIR. His file is an ".ir" file and not a ".rmir", so it was created with IR, not RMIR. I simply opened it in RMIR and reported on how it was displaying.

Funny, I didn't see it was you Capn, nor did I know that RMIR and IR used a different extension, but your post did lead me to discover that I probably have an RDF error that is letting IR kill my extender.

jeajea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn’t just CD that has the LKP problem. AUX, DVD, CD, PVR, SAT, TV, and CAB have the problem Crying or Very sad VCR, AUD and AUX2 work as expected.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8772

I started by performing a 981 reset and using IR803 to load 10820N Extender beta BASE.ir.

I haven’t tried RMIR
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
It isn’t just CD that has the LKP problem. AUX, DVD, CD, PVR, SAT, TV, and CAB have the problem Crying or Very sad VCR, AUD and AUX2 work as expected.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8772

I started by performing a 981 reset and using IR803 to load 10820N Extender beta BASE.ir.

I haven’t tried RMIR

Well part of what I was seeing is that about half the keys don't work correctly when the cable is plugged in for testing. I need to unplug my cable for the keys to function correctly. So the problem here isn't as big as I thought it might be.

It would help me if you could build the similest possible case where the Phantom3 long press fails. There is so much going on in this IR that I am not seeing things clearly. But I'm 99.9% sure this is my problem, not yours.

jeajea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a simpler IR file that fails

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8773

CD phantom3
CD short does nothing
CD long
PIP mapped to Blue discrete on
Dev_TV
Play mapped to TV discrete on
Phantom1 14 second pause
Pause mapped to TV HDMI 2
SAT Phantom3 is a clone with LKP changed to DKP that works
jgfarrell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got issues with LKP and DKP where not all keys assigned LKPs or DKPs will function. The underlying XShift functions do work as expected if invoked manually. I'm at work right now, but if you like, I can upload IR files as well.

John
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd like to see yours too. Crying or Very sad There is something really weird going on here. I thought it might be the watchdog timer, its been a problem with this remote, but my fix didn't help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: