JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shifted key upgrade question for Dish Network Receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyb.ncc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Shifted key upgrade question for Dish Network Receiver Reply with quote

I am building an upgrade for the Dish Network vip222 and vip722 receiver using RM for the Atlas 1056. All seems to work OK except when I use a shifted key. The OEM remote has a Recover button that is recessed to prevent incidental pressing (the user has to actively want to press the Recover button). I chose to make this a shifted key but the upgrade has an incorrect address. Using IRScope the OEM control uses device 0.10 for all buttons. In RM I set Device 1 to 0 and Remote Address to 11. This does give me device 0.10 for all but the shifted key. The OBC for the Recover button is 47 with device 0.10. The output from RM gives me OBC 1 Device 0.4. Below is the RM output:
Code:
Upgrade Code2 = 0A D7 (Cable/2775) Dish Network VIP 722 & VIP 222 - Generally any receiver that uses the Dish Network 5.3IR remote (RM v1.98beta7)
 00 02 3D 3E FE BE EA C0 70 21 50 00 80 00 00 68
 78 08 2C 40 68 78 70 60 48 6C 00 50 5C 3C 1C 0C
 80 C4 C8 84 7C D0 58 94 98 E8 F4 EC E4
KeyMoves
 AE F0 04 02 D7 BC AF«Recover»
End
Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more useful if you provide the learned IR file, the actual RMDU file you created based upon those learns, and the IR file you are having trouble with.

Zip them up, put them in the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
garyb.ncc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the upgrade file is here. The Atlas 1056 is not a learning remote. I used IRScope with a widget and simply decode the OEM remote buttons and typed the OBCs into RM to make the upgrade. As I previously stated the Recover button (OEM remote) decodes as Device 0.10 OBC 47. After creating the upgrade and dropping it into IR all buttons decode (and function) correctly but the Shift+Menu (Recover) which decodes as Device 0.4 OBC 1.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...this may be a bug in IR. It looks like when you paste in the upgrade, your keymove gets assigned to the wrong device code. Maybe it has to do with your setup code being such a high number. Anyway, to work around it, just edit the keymove and change the Setup Code to 2775.
garyb.ncc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
change the Setup Code to 2775.
Well I simply changed the setup code to 0075 and the shifted key now works correctly. For some reason the the 2775 code caused the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: