JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PID $0066: Kathrein Protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tombongo wrote:
Thanks! I will test this tonight.

Would 19 00 be around 3/4 of a second?

I assume so, the math is too complicated for me, I just read the value of the gap from the widget to give you an idea of the times involved.

Quote:

I am assuming that this is some sort of clock count or something. Is that correct?

yes I wait 44hx1100h units and if after all that time, the button is still held down, I start repeating the signal. If however after any of those time 1100h wait period, you've released the button, it exits without repeating. If you set the time too high, then the remote won't be as responsive as you'd like. Set the time too low, and you get unwanted repeating. I found that 1100 is the minimum that I can handle and only get 1 key press.

1100hx44h= 1/2 a second.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tombongo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! 1/2 second delay seemed to work very well. I haven't had much time to test, but I think you got it!
GameGod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some problems importing the PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Hold device upgrade into RM-IR 2.02

First, it doesn't seem to have the RDF for the remote specified in the upgrade ("Comcast URC-1067A JP1.2"). However, I don't think this is a show stopper. I chose one that seemed close enough ("Comcast DVR URC-1067bx3 JP1.3") and moved on.

The second problem, seems to be much more serious. Once imported, I can no longer edit the newly added device. I get this error message:

Code:
The code of the protocol for this device upgrade is not consistent with the protocol default parameters, so the device upgrade cannot be edited. You need to edit the protocol upgrade to correct this, before you can edit the device upgrade.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I can to do to work around this issue?

Thanks.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameGod wrote:
The second problem, seems to be much more serious. Once imported, I can no longer edit the newly added device. I get this error message:
Code:
The code of the protocol for this device upgrade is not consistent with the protocol default parameters, so the device upgrade cannot be edited. You need to edit the protocol upgrade to correct this, before you can edit the device upgrade.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I can to do to work around this issue?

I would recommend deleting the device from RMIR. The next time you import it, change the protocol from "Manual Settings: 00 66" to "Kathrein". I believe the root cause is that her special protocol was written for the URC-1067 remote and the HCS08 processor, whereas you chose the S3F80 version of the URC-1067B remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, when loading this upgrade, the correct RDF to use is Comcast-URC-6700.
However, that isn't cause of the error message. I suppose that GameGod is trying to use the upgrade with a RCA RCRP05B. That's a JP1.3 remote with a S3F80 processor. The upgrade includes a protocol executor which is written for the HCS08, and there is no way for RMIR to have access to a similar executor written for a S3F80. So it loads the upgrade OK, but when it tries to apply it to the RCRP05B, the executor in the upgrade isn't useable--it has the wrong format.

One remedy is for some expert to rewrite the executor in S3F80 assembler. Another is to use all of the timing information from the upgrade, and try it without the special hold time code. I've attempted to do that with RMIR by doing a File/New/RemoteImage and specifying a JP1.2 remote-- the URC-1067. I loaded the upgrade, and then double clicked the PID section on the device tab. I could then see all of the timing parameters, and I wrote them down. Then I loaded a new RCRP05B image, loaded the upgrade, ignored the warnings, and clicked on the PID again. I selected S3C80, entered in all of the parameters, and clicked Build. Assigned some buttons, uploaded to the remote and it seems to work, giving a single short burst of IR per button press, which decoded as Gap, but has 24 bits, and the asked for burst times..

Here's the protocol:
42 8A 12 8B 15 C9 4C 08 08 00 C8 00 EB 00 C8 01 D6 A8 8E 07 C3 08 B1 FF FF 08 8D 01 33.

You can use this protocol by clicking on the PID, then double clicking the S3C80 line. Paste it in.

Test upgrade for JP1.3 remotes
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I selected S3C80, entered in all of the parameters, and clicked Build. Assigned some buttons, uploaded to the remote and it seems to work, giving a single short burst of IR per button press, which decoded as Gap, but has 24 bits, and the asked for burst times..

Here's the protocol:
42 8A 12 8B 15 C9 4C 08 08 00 C8 00 EB 00 C8 01 D6 A8 8E 07 C3 08 B1 FF FF 08 8D 01 33.
Test upgrade for JP1.3 remotes

This is the first known example of my new Build capability in RM/RMIR being used "for real". Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I should be very interested to know if it works properly for GameGod.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
First, when loading this upgrade, the correct RDF to use is Comcast-URC-6700.
However, that isn't cause of the error message. I suppose that GameGod is trying to use the upgrade with a RCA RCRP05B. That's a JP1.3 remote with a S3F80 processor. The upgrade includes a protocol executor which is written for the HCS08, and there is no way for RMIR to have access to a similar executor written for a S3F80. So it loads the upgrade OK, but when it tries to apply it to the RCRP05B, the executor in the upgrade isn't useable--it has the wrong format.

I seem to be missing something here. I can't find an Comcast-URC-6700 RDF and the upgrade says, "Comcast URC-1067A JP1.2".
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameGod wrote:
I'm having some problems importing the PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adapter with Hold device upgrade into RM-IR 2.02

First, it doesn't seem to have the RDF for the remote specified in the upgrade ("Comcast URC-1067A JP1.2"). However, I don't think this is a show stopper. I chose one that seemed close enough ("Comcast DVR URC-1067bx3 JP1.3") and moved on.

The Comcast-URC-1067 is the correct choice. The Comcast DVR Urc-1067B JP1.3 is NOT close enough. They have different processors, and this upgrade contains a protocol written in a language for the JP1.2 processor. In order to open correctly you must choose the correct remote.
GameGod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the quick responses. Smile

Unfortunately, something else came up, so I won't be able to get back to this for a couple of days. When I do, I will update this thread of my progress.

Btw, 3FG got it exactly right, I am trying to apply this upgrade to a RCRP05B remote.
GameGod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some time to tinker with this today.

The test file doesn't seem to work. At the very least the PS button doesn't seem to do anything, so I can't get the remote to start talking to the PS3.

I found an older version of the upgrade "ps3_Bluetooth_Adapter", which imported fine (I used the URC 1067 remote).

With that upgrade, everything works, except it doesn't have the long press version of the PS key and so I can't shutdown the PS3.

Please let me know if you need any more info or data, I'd love to be able to completely integrate the PS3 with the rest of my HT gear.

Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the test upgrade, PS and a lot of other functions are not assigned to buttons. I only asked for auto assign, because I don't know anything about the PS3. If you didn't assign the remaining functions, those functions aren't going to send any IR signal.

Even though you have an upgrade working, we'd still like to know if the test upgrade (with buttons assigned) can control the PS3, because it allows the community to see a new feature in RMIR.
GameGod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
In the test upgrade, PS and a lot of other functions are not assigned to buttons. I only asked for auto assign, because I don't know anything about the PS3. If you didn't assign the remaining functions, those functions aren't going to send any IR signal.

Even though you have an upgrade working, we'd still like to know if the test upgrade (with buttons assigned) can control the PS3, because it allows the community to see a new feature in RMIR.

When testing, I had applied the PS function to the "OnDemand" physical button, but it was a no go. On my remote, if a key sends out a signal, then it lights up the corresponding device button. When I was using the test upgrade I noticed that the DVD device button was not even lighting up when I pressed the OnDemand button, as if it wasn't even sending out a signal.

I've uploaded the upgrade that I used here.

With the working upgrade, the button lights up, as expected.

Does that help?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did test the upgrade on a RCRP05B before posting it, and I've checked again, assigning the PS function to the OnDemand button. I also made sure to set the DVD channel device to DVD (rather than the default cable). After uploading to the RCRP05B, and selecting the DVD device button, pressing OnDemand gives a short flash of the DVD button. It also does that for the digit buttons, etc.

Note that the OnDemand button has an asterisk by it on the Buttons tab, which means that it isn't in the DVD button group, and the function has to be implemented as a keymove. RMIR does that automatically, but you can check if it is correctly entered on the Keymove tab
Code:

DVD   OnDemand   DVD   1234   24 D2 41 00   41 00   "PS"

Do any of the buttons to which you assigned functions light up when pressing the button?

Also, if I understand this thread correctly, you should be able to turn off the PS2 by pressing the button that has OBC 125 assigned to it twice with about 1/2 second between presses.

ETA: OK, now I realize that you're using an extender. Just speculation on my part, but why not try assigning PS to e.g. the Live button? It doesn't need a keymove. Your (Not Working) upgrade that you uploaded does work on my non-extended RCRP05B.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am busy getting ready to the holiday, but had to stop and give some guidance here.

3fG wrote:
One remedy is for some expert to rewrite the executor in S3F80 assembler.

Oh I didn't see 3Fg's post the first time around. I DID write and test the protocol in both S3f80 and HCS08 before I posted the upgrade as a finished produdt. The original "PS3 with Hold" upgrade DOES have the s3f80 code. If Gamegod had chosen Comcast 1067 instead of the 1067bx3 variety, this would have been populated correctly from the get go.

Gamegod, this is the protocol from the upgrade that you are using.

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 66 (S3F80) Manual Settings: 00 66 (RM v2.02 Beta 1.3)
42 8A 12 8B 15 C9 4C 08 08 00 C8 00 EB 00 C8 01
D6 A8 8E 07 C3 08 B1 FF FF 08 8D 01 46
End

This is the manual upgrade that I wrote for the PS3 with hold

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 66 (S3F80) Manual Settings: 00 66 (RM v2.02 Beta 1.3)
43 8B 11 8B 12 E5 44 04 08 01 17 01 03 01 17 03
32 D6 52 11 A1 08 A3 F6 01 46 E6 28 C4 76 03 01
6B 06 F6 01 04 7B 01 AF 46 29 01 8D 01 46
End

They are NOT the same. I haven't decoded and read it, but I seriously doubt that it has the "with hold" feature, and just from a quick glance they don't even have the same timings.

If I recall correctly, this signal decoded as a Kathrein, but wasn't a katherin. It was kathrein like.

edit: yep this is what I said

Vicky wrote:
While this protocol decoded as Katherin, because it follows the rules D:4,~D4,F:8,~F:8, the timings are quite a ways off from the Katherin Protocol specs in the DecodeIR.HTML.

Vicky wrote:
this code didn't repeat the same way that a real Katherin signal would.

So that is problem 1.
=======================
Problem 2

Quote:
When testing, I had applied the PS function to the "OnDemand" physical button, but it was a no go. On my remote, if a key sends out a signal, then it lights up the corresponding device button. When I was using the test upgrade I noticed that the DVD device button was not even lighting up when I pressed the OnDemand button, as if it wasn't even sending out a signal.

If nothing is lighting says to me that you might have a problem with the protocol.
Did you erase everything having to do with that first upgrade that you tried where you tried to pull in a RMIR file but chose the wrong remote?
Othewise you might be still be trying to execute HCS08 code in an S3F80 remote, which could cause you all sorts of trouble.

If the other keys are lighting the device button, then I'm off base here and its some other kind of problem. It could be that the OnDemand button isn't in the current device group in the extender.

We really need to see your RMIR file to see what is going on here. I strongly suspect we still have a problem with that HCS08 code remaining in the E2 area. Or it could be a device selection problem from the extender.
GameGod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Well, I did test the upgrade on a RCRP05B before posting it, and I've checked again, assigning the PS function to the OnDemand button. I also made sure to set the DVD channel device to DVD (rather than the default cable). After uploading to the RCRP05B, and selecting the DVD device button, pressing OnDemand gives a short flash of the DVD button. It also does that for the digit buttons, etc.

Note that the OnDemand button has an asterisk by it on the Buttons tab, which means that it isn't in the DVD button group, and the function has to be implemented as a keymove. RMIR does that automatically, but you can check if it is correctly entered on the Keymove tab
Code:

DVD   OnDemand   DVD   1234   24 D2 41 00   41 00   "PS"

Do any of the buttons to which you assigned functions light up when pressing the button?

Also, if I understand this thread correctly, you should be able to turn off the PS2 by pressing the button that has OBC 125 assigned to it twice with about 1/2 second between presses.

ETA: OK, now I realize that you're using an extender. Just speculation on my part, but why not try assigning PS to e.g. the Live button? It doesn't need a keymove. Your (Not Working) upgrade that you uploaded does work on my non-extended RCRP05B.

Yes, I'm using the extender (v1.05)

I also went back an re-did this device upgrade. Maybe I missed something last time, because now, the when I press a button, the DVD button does light up.

However, the bad news is that it still doesn't work. The first time I press the PS button, the PS3 displayed a message that said "Please press the PS button", so it seems like its getting a signal, just not the right one.

I also tried the "PS with Hold" function, and got the same result.

With the other device upgrade, PS works, but unfortunately, pressing it twice does not bring up the system menu, which has the shutdown option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: