JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vizio Sound Bar VSB-210WS Volume Up/Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhkoenig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Vizio Sound Bar VSB-210WS Volume Up/Down Reply with quote

1. Device: Vizio Sound Bar
2. Type of device: Amplified speaker array
3. Year:2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:URC-6131
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No

I am looking for the volume up and down for the Visio Sound Bar. The manual mentions a divice code of 31517 or 1517, but no joy so far. I can easily control the TV volume but fail completely controlling the sound bar volume. I have set up numerous JP1 remotes, but this is really killing me!

Any ideas?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have access to a JP1 learning remote, or do you know someone who does?
jhkoenig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no learning remote in sight. I'm frustrated that the Sound Bar manual makes it sound so simple yet fails to work AT ALL.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is simple if you have a Vizio, Radio Shack 15-100 or 15-133/4/5 or certain URC or Atlas remotes. They have setup codes 1517, but the 6131 doesn't. If you enter setup code 1517 into the 6131, it won't give you the confirmatory 2 blinks, and that should tell you that it won't work.

The Sound Bar manual lists the buttons on the Vizio VUR8 remote which will control the Sound Bar. I've taken the 5 digit EFCs which correspond to those VUR8 buttons, and entered them into RM, along with the protocol information for 1517, which is NEC 4DEV Combo, devices 131, 95, 132, 69. I don't understand Combo protocols, but I think that means that all of the Sound Bar functions are device 131.95, NEC2. The 6131 doesn't have the NEC2, dev 131.95 protocol, but it does have NEC1 131.95 at setup code Video (DVD) 0633, so I think you can try keymoves to control the Sound Bar. (NEC1 isn't quite right, but it should basically work, although key repeats may be messed up.) It would be more sure to make an upgrade using a clone of 1517, but I'm not confident to make an untested upgrade, and I also think that there are several versions of the 6131, but you didn't specify which you have.

Here are what I believe are the relevant data to allow you to make an upgrade or to implement keymoves. I think the protocol is NEC2, dev 131.95. You won't need the EFC5 with the 6131.

EFC3 EFC5 OBC Button
058 29412 015 vol up
054 28388 014 vol down
164 56548 068 mute
116 44260 020 Sub vol+
120 45284 021 Sub vol-
121 45540 017 power
102 40676 086 input
100 40164 084 SRS TruVolume
250 13028 031 SRS TruSuround

(There's gotta be a way to format tables......)

To try a keymove, enter in setup code 0633 into a video device key. Then press the setup key briefly and key in any of the 3 digit EFCs. Hopefully you'll get a reaction. If you do, then you can either move forward on an upgrade with confidence, or you could just use the 9 keymoves, entered either manually or by the JP1 cable, to control the Sound Bar.
jhkoenig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG you ROCK! I created a device upgrade in Remote Master, pasted it into IR and BAM everything worked.

Thanks for the wisdom!
--John Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Now, don't forget to load your upgrade file into the file section.
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: jhkoenig's upgrade includes only V+ V- five functions missin Reply with quote

I want to combine Vizio TV (code0178) and Vizio Sound Bar in one RM or KM upgrade and have struggled with it for two days already.

jhkoenig's 1517 upgrade includes only V+ V- but the rest (five) functions missing or I'd be done already.

so here's my help info:

1. Device: Vizio Sound Bar VSB-210WS
2. Type of device: Amplified speaker array
3. Year:2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:URC-6131 old 2k
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes

Tried learning on RS15-2116 but learned codes didn't work for me when transferred to 6131 thru RM (probably wrong settings)
7. Checked the file section? Yes :

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11274&highlight=vsb210ws (doesn't have all functions works fine on v+ v-)

Robs's Vizio master file doesn't have the sound bar in it but would be handy hint hint.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6079

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes above
10. Learning remote question? No

It would be nice to simply add these functions to TV 0178 which handles the Vizio VL420 LCDTV just fine. This upgrade is the basis for my attempt below.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4033

I've combined devices in one upgrade in the past but I'm having to relearn the process and may need help.

I Know that the Vizio VSR8 remote jp1.x (I dont have one but others here have posted info) has the soundbar functions built in, but I havent been able to decipher that either. There are only seven buttons on the sound bar remote to create an upgrade from. I only have JP1 hardware not JP1.x

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5211

I posted my incomplete upgrade attempt in the Diagnosis area here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7621

I know this should be easy but I'm stumped.
Wayne
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's usually good to provide links, and usually MORE info is better than LESS, but in this case, you provide SO MANY links that it is hard to discern the wheat from the chaff - to wit: what files are germane and useful to solving your problem.

Your FIRST link is right back to this thread, and it seems like it would be among the more useful ones from the context.

Additionally, if you have learned the desired signals to the 2116, you should upload that learned IR file and provide a link to THAT. Usually going from the basic raw data is the simplest and most effective way to get the answer you seek rather than trying to guess some functions that you say are absent from an upgrade you're trying to use.

So - BOTTOM LINE (imho): To simplify our effort to help, please provide links to:
(1) The learned signals you are trying to incorporate; and
(2) The file that you are trying to incorporate them into.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: jhkoenig's upgrade includes only V+ V- five functions mi Reply with quote

Wayne Harropson wrote:
jhkoenig's 1517 upgrade includes only V+ V- but the rest (five) functions missing or I'd be done already.

It's true that John was a little irresponsible by only including the buttons that he needed, but 3FG had posted the codes for all of the buttons, so it's a piece of cake to add them to John's original upgrade, which I have done here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7149
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the overkill.

Here are the nine learned buttons

LEARNED CODE DATA
# Device Button Key Protocol Device SubDevice OBC Hex Cmd EFC Misc Note
1 AUDIO Key37 NEC1 0 76 CD 036
2 AUDIO 1 NEC1 0 81 75 105
3 AUDIO 2 NEC1 0 80 F5 101
4 AUDIO 3 NEC1 0 77 4D 040
5 AUDIO dev4 NEC1 0 72 ED 037
6 AUDIO Audio{Fwd} NEC1 0 68 DD 164
7 AUDIO CABLE NEC1 0 65 7D 169
8 AUDIO DVD NEC1 0 69 5D 168
9 AUDIO A{Yellow} NEC1 0 64 FD 165

{LEARNED RAW DATA - deleted by Rob}

Incorperate into:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7621

I didn't name the buttons yet but will later

Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

Thanks for the data. It's still easier if you upload the IR file to the diagnosis area and post a link here. Wading through all of that info in the body of a post is very difficult (especially since this forum makes it REALLY difficult to align data in columns!)

That said, I'm more confused than ever right now, since the file that Rob so helpfully provided differs completely from your data as posted.

Rob's upgrade uses NEC1 Dev 305 Subdev 149 while your decodes are apparently NEC1 Dev 0 Subdev 0! So do the learned signals from your 2116 work? If so, and they use the same Dev/Subdev combo as your TV upgrade (as appears to be the case from yoru OTHER file) you should just be able to add them to a single-device NEC1 file. Does that NEC1 4Dev Combo work for your TV?

Also the OBCs do not match, so apparetnly your soundbar uses different codes from the one in the file jhkoenig provided and Rob updated with 3FG's functions.

So WHY are you using the NEC 4Dev combo when all of your functions use the same Dev number (305)?

So let me ask again:
(1) UPLOAD your IR file with learned signals annotated in the notes to the diagnosis area and provide a link;
(2) Provide a link to the/a file for your TV that WORKS - not a work in progress.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick

Last edited by Capn Trips on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, the user manual that 3FG mentions can be found here (the remote info is on page 9):
http://vizio.com/documents/downloads/accessories/VSB200/271User_Manual.pdf
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

The consolidated Soundbar file you provided above uses NEC1 Dev 305. In RM, NEC1 Dev numbers are restricted to <256. Is that an issue? or is 305 equivalent to 305-256=49?

Amazon Firestick
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try to simplify what obviously I have conflated.

That simple upgrade of the originator of the thread works (second link below). I can use it as it's own upgrade if all I want is V+ V-.

I don't really wish to do anything but use the good info that is available posted by successful posters here. But he failed to include all nine functions. My learned attempt of my own is a failure. The data is good but my use of it is bad because I don't understand it.

Please simply read 3fg's response in this thread that lead to the (incomplete) but good solution already posted nd uploaded.

I will be happy to have a working stand alone upgrade 1517 (with all nine functions) or ideally a More complete upgrade that integrates the good working existing upgrade for my TV posted here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7623

With the good information from jhkoenig & 3FG and his incomplete upgrade posted here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7149

The former operates my TV correctly but doen't yet do the soundbar. My prior upload (ignore it) was an attempt to use NEC 4Dev Combo to add a device. I didn't know what I was doing.
Thank you so much for your forbearance!
Wayne
Wayne Harropson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: HOLD EVERYTHING! Reply with quote

Holy Crap! I found it!

I want to think that Rob snuck all the other buttons into the soundbar upgrade while I wasn't looking but I probably managed to overlook it originally.

Rob, are you there? Or did I have a senior moment when I first saw the upgrade?

If there is a way to delete all my confusion from the thread please do so.

Thank you all for your help

I love this site. Thanks CapnTrips.

Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: