JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sandisk V-Mate PVR Model: SDVM1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enliteneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Sandisk V-Mate PVR Model: SDVM1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I was trying to capture the IR codes from a little remote that came included with a SanDisk V-Mate. Perhaps I should have used longer button presses, but my universal remote (URC-8910) seemed to capture the codes just fine (i.e. displayed "SUCCESS") after each button, but it didn't work when I tried using it back on the PVR.

I downloaded the remote into ir.exe, and noticed some of the buttons, like power, show as unknown protocol. What could be the problem?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7153
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to relearn your buttons. It appears to me that quite often you are pressing the oem before you start the learn and all you are getting is the repeat portion of the learn. It is also odd the way so many of the learns have unrelated timings. Not just bad learns, but perhaps old learns from something else.

You must have good batteries in both remotes to do a proper learn. I find learning very difficult to do by myself, so I usually have a someone else press and hold the oem buttons. Also stay away from flourescent lighting when you do your learns. In order to do a decode, we need to have keys that work. If the keys work, but the protocol is unrecognized post your ir files again.

So I'd delete all the old learns and start over.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a quick look at your learns and my best guess is that you're not learning the signals properly because it looks like you're just catching the tail end of the signals. You need to put the URC-8910 into learning mode first, then wait a moment, then start pressing the V-Mate remote button.

More info here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3943
enliteneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I'm not exactly sure how to know if I've captured keys that work, but I tried again, this time with the lights off and being doubly sure that the universal is waiting for the oem key data...

The remote once again showed "SUCCESS" after each key press, but the data this time in ir.exe is different. None of the 16 learned signals for the RCVR/AMP button show up as a red unknown protocol!

Unfortunatley, even with no red, the universal isn't able to control the v-mate. Perhaps this is still not a proper learn or a keys that work?

I've programmed this remote dozens of times before with other codes, both from rdmu files and via learning so I'm not sure why this particular v-mate remote is being a pain in the butt.

Is there a way to capture an ir signal using some other hardware? I think I have a usb to ir receiver somewhere that came with a satellite card long ago. Otherwise I wouldn't mind buying a tool that can capture it.

Thanks!
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7162
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliteneer wrote:
Thanks,

I'm not exactly sure how to know if I've captured keys that work, but I tried again, this time with the lights off and being doubly sure that the universal is waiting for the oem key data...

If the learned keys operate the equipment, they are probably good learns.

My guess is that only the prev/menu/up/down/left keys stand a chance of working.

Quote:
Unfortunatley, even with no red, the universal isn't able to control the v-mate. Perhaps this is still not a proper learn or a keys that work?

These learns look a little better, but you said they still don't work. Are you sure. It looks like you might have gotten a complete signal on a few of the button presses. If the menu,up,down,left and previous keys work, keep them and delete the rest and start once again. Like before, it looks like you are missing the first part of the signals. Youre pressing the oem button too soon, or your not aimed correctly at the very beginning of the press.

Quote:
Is there a way to capture an ir signal using some other hardware? I think I have a usb to ir receiver somewhere that came with a satellite card long ago. Otherwise I wouldn't mind buying a tool that can capture it.
I like my widget, because I have a terrible time learning from one remote to another, but having the information in the IR file makes it easier to ask questions in the forum.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
enliteneer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your ir.exe widget too!

My universal remote, however, doesn't seem like its capturing very well. I'm going to give it another shot, otherwise I think a friend uses one of those fancy logitech harmony remotes. If that thing can learn the codes without issue, perhaps its time for an upgrade!
drussell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: IR Widget Reply with quote

I believe vickyg2003 is referring to the "IR Widget" device created by Kevin Timmerman, available from Tommy Tyler's store... For more info visit:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

I think you may have just started your Christmas Wish-List. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI sent me the official upgrade code for this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7180

This upgrade uses the standard Aiwa protocol, so you shouldn't have had any trouble learning the signals. Are you sure you have good batteries in both remotes?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I had already looked at the SanDisk/VAC upgrade that used the Aiwa upgrade since enlighteneer's learns were so bad, hoping that this would look SOMETHING like the learns in the file. Do you suppose this item responds to two codes, like the Echostar Pal does?

enliteneer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I've got a full charge on the batteries and I added the official upgrade device (VIDEOACC 1575) to the universal, but no luck. It still can't power the vmate on or off.. didn't try the other buttons.

It's bizarre I really thought the official upgrade codes would have worked. In any case, I really like the USB IR Widget so I'm going to order and try capturing with that and see how it goes.

Thanks!
drussell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using rechargeable batteries in either remote they need to be rechargeable alkalines or other modern battery chemistries that actually produce 1.5 volts or even a little higher... NiCd and NiMH rechargeable batteries only produce about 1.2-1.25 volts and often won't allow learning to work properly just like weak regular batteries. Just a thought.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm if the model number is SDVM1 or SDMV1. The upgrade that I posted is actually for the SDMV1, so maybe the SDVM1 uses a different remote codeset.

Also, could you load a copy of your IR file with the upgrade loaded, just so we can confirm that it's loaded correctly.

Finally, could you confirm that NONE of the learns that you posted work because some of them look like the might work (eg, the UP and DOWN arrow buttons).
enliteneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the PVR, it definitely says SDVM1.

Here is the ir download of the universal (after the 1575 device had been added )

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7186

I'll check the other keys tonight.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the problem, RM has corrupted the KM file. The fixed data should be "06 80" but RM is presenting it as "06 00". To change this, enter a sub-device code of 1 in RM or just edit the data in IR by clicking EDIT and changing the 8th byte from 00 to 80.
enliteneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch, that worked!!!

Not sure how remotemaster corrupted the file, or how the data learned by the remote was so different/incomplete, but changing that bit did the trick!

I ordered the USB IR widget anyways.. I'd still like to capture and compare the valid vmate remote data with the invalid (learned) data on the universal. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two about RF protocols and how the captured data relates to (or even how to read) those upgrade text files!

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: