JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruskal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

I think this is a problem with all DVR remotes, but it certainly is for the one I use, SA8300. That is, there is no shortcut for the List button.

Any ideas how I can add this?

Thanks -- Vincent
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you trying to add a "List" function for? (i.e. what device?) If you know th advanced codes for the"List" function, you can map it via keymove to any button you choose on the remote.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's trying to say that there isn't a LIST button on his DVR remote, but he'd like to add a virtual LIST button to his SlingPlayer remote.

The following JP1 upgrade includes a LIST button:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1920

So, you could use that to create a new BIN file for your Slingbox.
Kruskal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think he's trying to say that there isn't a LIST button on his DVR remote, but he'd like to add a virtual LIST button to his SlingPlayer remote.

The following JP1 upgrade includes a LIST button:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1920

So, you could use that to create a new BIN file for your Slingbox.
Actually I'm saying that the SA8300HD has a List button on the virtual remote, but I wish to add a keyboard shortcut, like Ctrl-L, as an alternative way to "push" it.

Vincent
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be better off asking a question like that over in the Slingbox forums, we're really only qualified to help you add upgrades over here.
Kruskal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You'd be better off asking a question like that over in the Slingbox forums, we're really only qualified to help you add upgrades over here.
I'm probably confused, but doesn't an upgrade include keyboard shortcuts for various keys? That's certainly the way it looks to a Slingbox user -- he selects which device he has and he then sees a picture of a remote control which gives him a shortcut for many of the keys as the mouse hovers over.

Are there really two data structures for each device, one which associates keys with IR codes and the other which associates keys with shortcuts?

Thanks -- Vincent
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about keyboard shortcuts or how you would add them, except to say that they are not part of the binary upgrades that we can create here. My guess is that they're part of the skin, and those are created by the guys at Sling Media.

We only got involved with Sling because they use a UEI chip to send the remote control signals as we have expertize in creating upgrades for UEI chips, as those are in the remotes that we use. Very few experts here actually have Slingboxes.
karog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

Kruskal wrote:
I think this is a problem with all DVR remotes, but it certainly is for the one I use, SA8300. That is, there is no shortcut for the List button.

Any ideas how I can add this?

Thanks -- Vincent

This is only a year and a half late but whatever.

I don't know how to do it on Windows but if you are on a Mac, you can add a keyboard shortcut for menu items without them in the Keyboard System Preference>Keyboard Shortcuts Tab by selecting Application Shortcuts on the left; hitting the + button; selecting SlingPlayer.app from the Applications folder; entering the menu item name (even if submenu) like List; and then entering the desired short cut key.

I also wanted a shortcut key for List and did it this way. Only works for the app and not for the browser plug-in.

btw, I asked Sling for a List keyboard shortcut a few months ago. They always give excuses why they can't do it rather than trying to help. In my request for a List shortcut the response was that not every remote has a List key. So frakkin' what!
Kruskal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

karog wrote:

This is only a year and a half late but whatever.

I don't know how to do it on Windows but if you are on a Mac, you can add a keyboard shortcut for menu items without them in the Keyboard System Preference>Keyboard Shortcuts Tab by selecting Application Shortcuts on the left; hitting the + button; selecting SlingPlayer.app from the Applications folder; entering the menu item name (even if submenu) like List; and then entering the desired short cut key.

I also wanted a shortcut key for List and did it this way. Only works for the app and not for the browser plug-in.

btw, I asked Sling for a List keyboard shortcut a few months ago. They always give excuses why they can't do it rather than trying to help. In my request for a List shortcut the response was that not every remote has a List key. So frakkin' what!

That's a really nice feature on the Mac -- too bad I'm on Windows.

A recent update to the SlingPlayer added a shortcut for List (T) for the SA8300 -- I thought at my request. What DVR do you use?

Thanks -- Vincent
karog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

[quote="Kruskal"]
karog wrote:

A recent update to the SlingPlayer added a shortcut for List (T) for the SA8300 -- I thought at my request. What DVR do you use?

Thanks -- Vincent

My DVR is my RCN (cable provider) set top box, a Motorola DCT3416. I use the RCN-Synergy remote deifined by Sling.

The Mac SlingPlayer app is a poor step child compared to the Windows version - from what I read since I don't have the Windows version. I guess I could download it and run it in a VM. The Mac SlingPlayer app does not do HD though the browser plug-in does. It does not have a program guide but I don't care since my set top box does. And it doesn't do the buffering that I hear the Windows app does but again since I use the SlingBox Pro HD with my set top box DVR, that buffers for me anyway. So the only thing I miss in the app is the HD.

Just got a browser plug-in update last night. Just tried T for List with it and nothing. Hovered over the List button but no shortcut. Maybe in time. Sigh!

I use the browser plug-in to watch HD with the SlingBox but I sometimes use the app just as a networked remote control. Most expensive remote control I ever bought Razz
Kruskal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

[quote="karog"]
Kruskal wrote:
karog wrote:

Thanks -- Vincent

My DVR is my RCN (cable provider) set top box, a Motorola DCT3416. I use the RCN-Synergy remote deifined by Sling.

The Mac SlingPlayer app is a poor step child compared to the Windows version - from what I read since I don't have the Windows version. I guess I could download it and run it in a VM. The Mac SlingPlayer app does not do HD though the browser plug-in does. It does not have a program guide but I don't care since my set top box does. And it doesn't do the buffering that I hear the Windows app does but again since I use the SlingBox Pro HD with my set top box DVR, that buffers for me anyway. So the only thing I miss in the app is the HD.

Just got a browser plug-in update last night. Just tried T for List with it and nothing. Hovered over the List button but no shortcut. Maybe in time. Sigh!

I use the browser plug-in to watch HD with the SlingBox but I sometimes use the app just as a networked remote control. Most expensive remote control I ever bought Razz

They didn't hide it. When the shortcut was added, hovering over the button showed the 'T' alternative.

Maybe they didn't update all the DVR remotes or maybe the Mac version just doesn't keep up with Windows. But it doesn't matter to you, right? You have that groovy Mac shortcut for any pulldown feature.

Vincent
karog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a Keyboard Shortcut to a Slingbox Device Button Reply with quote

Kruskal wrote:

They didn't hide it. When the shortcut was added, hovering over the button showed the 'T' alternative.

Maybe they didn't update all the DVR remotes or maybe the Mac version just doesn't keep up with Windows. But it doesn't matter to you, right? You have that groovy Mac shortcut for any pulldown feature.

Vincent

I don't think the Mac has had an app update in several months. Maybe when it does it will have the T. As I said, poor step child.

The user defined shortcut obviates the need for T in the app when I use it as a remote control but doesn't work for the browser plug-in when I am actually watching HD. I would have thought updates for the plug-ins would be, well, pretty up to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: