JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2117 Quick LKP help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great I will try that! Makes sense.

UPDATE. I created a shifted 0 for the LKP. Then I added SHIFT-0 at the end of the AUX macro. Works great. I tried just removing phantom1 so AUX said DEV_AUX, but that was not enough. I even defined ch keys, but what I have now seems to work great! I will now move to my other devices. Not sure just what was in phantom one that was needed...when I get a chance I can add stuff back, but for now I will move on to my VCR (ReplayTV) and CBL which is a dct6412. All defined but I want LKP to power on tv and set vcr or cbl input.

Actually I already have TV setting input 3 and power on, but I want it to be a LKP as going to TV always causes a blip as it always goes to input 3 even if it is already on input 3

Thank you!!

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
MPSAN wrote:
That does work, as long as it is NOT on the AUX key.
It likely did not work because the extender defines a default macro on the AUX button, which usually would take precedence over the LKP you are defining. What you should try is to put the LKP on a SHIFTed or XSHIFTed button somewhere, and then add that button to the end of the existing macro on the AUX button.

If you have no use for the default macro on the AUX button, you could delete it and then the LKP will work directly on the AUX button.

ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
It likely did not work because the extender defines a default macro on the AUX button, which usually would take precedence over the LKP you are defining.
If you have no use for the default macro on the AUX button, you could delete it and then the LKP will work directly on the AUX button.

I'm no expert, but I wonder Surprised.
IR 6.15 puts macros and fav list at the end, so LKP and all other keymoves ought to take precedence. I hope I'm not confusing things here for anyone Smile
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using IR 5.15, and just got 6.15. I did not even know there was a 6.15 until you mentioned it.

Thank you. .

ElizabethD wrote:
mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
It likely did not work because the extender defines a default macro on the AUX button, which usually would take precedence over the LKP you are defining.

IR 6.15 puts macros and fav list at the end, so LKP and all other keymoves ought to take precedence. I hope I'm not confusing things here for anyone Smile

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Great I will try that! Makes sense.

UPDATE. I created a shifted 0 for the LKP. Then I added SHIFT-0 at the end of the AUX macro. Works great. I tried just removing phantom1 so AUX said DEV_AUX, but that was not enough. I even defined ch keys, but what I have now seems to work great! I will now move to my other devices. Not sure just what was in phantom one that was needed...
I sense some confusion about phantom keys here. The use of the phantom 1 key is not germane to anything. What you have to do, when you want a GLOBAL LKP is a 2-step process:
(1) Define your LKP (which is DEVICE-SPECIFIC) to a button;
(2) Create a macro (usually a 2-step macro - DEV_xxx, or X_device followed by the button defined in step 1) to execute that LKP globally.

Phantom 1 is just one possible place to put your LKP to have a "button" for the macro to reference, while the macro itself (the one calling the LKP) is usually placed on the Device key in question.

Could you please post your IR file with a link to it? I'd bet some of your questions could be pretty easily answered by a quick inspection of it.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can post the IR file but am working with the working one now. I just said that I needed phantom 1 (with all the SET_xxx_keys in it) for it to work. I now have AUX turning the lamp on and a double press turns the room lamp off...it is just that it did not work without the phantom1 in there.

Thank you all again...I am almost all set.

Anyway, I also have a basic ext question and will post in the exrender section. It deals with "unbundeling" some of the keys in keygroups!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
That would only make it work if the remote were "in AUX mode" already. Since macros are global, the macro would still take precedence in other modes.

I am surprised Liz. Usually when you wonder, the answer has to be a lot more complicated! Laughing
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
That would only make it work if the remote were "in AUX mode" already

Ouch! I missed the need for it to be a global macro inspite of the fact that Capn Trips quoted the entire paragraph Embarassed Thanks, Mike.

Now, isn't Dev_Cancel needed at the end of this Aux macro for it to work in all device modes? Surprised or am I suggesting more trouble?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Now, isn't Dev_Cancel needed at the end of this Aux macro for it to work in all device modes? Surprised or am I suggesting more trouble?
Dev_device being a temporary device setting, (for all subsequent commands in the sequence being executed) no Dev-Cancel command is required, it stops being "active" when the macro runs its course....UNLESS....this macro is nested within another macro, and the outer macro's behavior requires cancellation of the Dev_device command.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Well, I can post the IR file but am working with the working one now. I just said that I needed phantom 1 (with all the SET_xxx_keys in it) for it to work.
Well, posting your file would have made it easier to understand what you were using the "phantom 1" key FOR. Those Set_xxx commands are not REQUIRED to be on a phantom key, and I, for one, don't usually automatically presume that they are there.

I still submit it sounds like you have unnecessary commands in there that are eating up memory. You can probably do what you want using a Dev_device command leading off the macro, without having that bulky phantom 1 macro occupying space (in the memory) and time (in running the entire embedded macro sequence).

A look at your IR file could allow some such contructive comments, BUT, I always say if it works, DON'T FIX IT!

Amazon Firestick
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just have the normal stuff in phantom 1...the set_xxx commands. I will change them as I think you are correct. I do have a dev_cancel, by the way. When I get set, I can post the IR file, but do not have time to work on this for a bit.

Thank you all very much!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
In the case of the 2116/2117 extender(s)

THERE ARE NO X_device keys!

8910 extender readme has 4 references to X_ commands and X_Cancel as well.
8910 L/DKP has several of which "Here we assume: POWER=$03, X_TV=$55, X_AUX=$6D" is just one example.
They are all DEV_ commands in real life Very Happy
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
In the case of the 2116/2117 extender(s)

THERE ARE NO X_device keys!

8910 extender readme has 4 references to X_ commands and X_Cancel as well.
8910 L/DKP has several of which "Here we assume: POWER=$03, X_TV=$55, X_AUX=$6D" is just one example.
They are all DEV_ commands in real life Very Happy
That is one the problems we deal with where there is inconsistency between authors of various extenders, but that would be OK if the internal extender documentation were consistent.

That was the problem I pointed out, in that the LDKP readme for the 2116 extender incorrectly refered to X_Device keys, whereas the primary extender readme correctly spells out the behavior of the DEV-xxx keys

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: