JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Serial JP1.2/3 interface issues with URC OneForAll 7781
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernowkoi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

Ok thats fine. Now I understand I'm quite happy. You are quite correct in that once I have manualy told IR8 to use JP1.x it remebers that. I don't have JP1 USB it's grey'd out as you suspected.

Thanks for all your help to date. I will let you know how I get on with your extenders when I get to have a go with them. Smile

Rgs
Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
mathdon wrote:
I don't think new remotes are being added to KM any longer.
Not true. I do add popular remotes from time to time, and ones that are specifically requested (as long as they are fairly current models).

I'm not trying to sway anyone in favor of KM or RM; just making sure users know that they can request a remote be added to KM.

I find that I NEED to use BOTH keymaster and remotemaster. Each has definate advantages. There are places where I couldn't understand what KM wanted, until I used RM and there are times that all I have in the way of data are 5 digit EFC's and only KM will accept the 5 digit data for that protocol while RM won't. And there are tunes when I want to convert from one combo code variatio to another, and KM can handle it, but RM chokes. How could you possibly limit yourself to one!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Here's a request. Can you please add the URC-7781 to KM?
Graham, request noted.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
... if I am right in what I said above. You need to make a manual selection between JP1 and JP1.x if any of the three JP1 menu options is enabled.

Correct, switching between the interfaces is needed. The last one wins on restart of IR.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anybody is thinking of making this "automatic" I'd like to point out that some of us use multiple interfaces at the same time. I often have 2 instances of IR going simultaneously, one hooked up to an EEPROM remote and the other hooked up to a FLASH remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. It has to be manual switching, please.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried but I cannot! I just discovered that my EEPROM USB cable won't work on my Vista 64 Laptop! Evil or Very Mad

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
kernowkoi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just to be clear, My observation that IR8 did not appear to detect my interface and select jp1.x 'automaticly 'is in no way a request for any changes to be made to IR8. Now I understand from mathdon what it's doing I'm quite happy. Smile

rgs
steve
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to set everyone's mind at rest, the issue of automatic recognition of JP1 versus JP1.x was discussed at length during the development of IR 8.00 and was rejected by general consensus. The only time it happens is when the machine has no means of accessing a JP1 remote (ie no serial or parallel port and no Delcom driver). Indeed, IIRC the discussion then went in the opposite direction, of whether to try to cater for users who have more than one remote of either type, say a JP1 serial cable AND a JP1 USB cable as well as a JP1.x USB cable. Also rejected, so I have no intention of changing the current behaviour.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with IR's behaviour. What I'm unhappy with is that I cannot use my JP1 (EEPROM) USB cable on my (now primary) Vista 64 laptop! Crying or Very sad

I had not discovered this, as I came into owning the Vista computer late, AFTER all of my JP1 (EEPROM) remotes were already programmed and tweaked, and I have been working on my JP1.3 remotes, for the most part, but I just had an occassion to tweak one of the JP1's and made this distrubing discovery.

From what I have read, it's not a JP1 hardware/software issue, it's that Delcom is not interested in providing updated drivers fior their USB IO chip, and want people to buy their new USB io chip which (aiui) requires no driver, rendering my beautiful Tommy Tyler JP1 USB cable useless. Evil or Very Mad

I guess I have to keep my old Win ME laptop around just to handle programming my JP1 remotes.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar situation here with Tommy's beautiful, Delcom-type, (non-FTDI), cable.
Old PentiumIII with Xp and USB1 only works with Delcom, whereas on Pentium4 XP it's recognized but drops bytes all over. Yuchchch!
Yup, hold on to the old box long as it lives.

Are you sure your issue is Vista and computer hardware rather than user rights? Vista has some screwy ways to block you or allow you to do things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: