JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7960
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fonyosz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: RDF for URC7960? Reply with quote

Hi, will there be an RDF file for URC7960? If there is a guide how to create one, I could try...

Thanks, Fonyosz
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: RDF for URC7960? Reply with quote

fonyosz wrote:
Hi, will there be an RDF file for URC7960? If there is a guide how to create one, I could try...

Thanks, Fonyosz

According to this thread: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11774

It doesn't work with the current tools.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a version of RM that works with this model is very close to release. Hang in there a bit longer.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Actually, a version of RM that works with this model is very close to release. Hang in there a bit longer.

Ooo... does that mean we'll have support for "JP1.4" or "JP2" remotes in the near future? And OMG now you tell me, that remote is so much prettier than mine. Sad *pouts*
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, any JP1.4/JP2 with a 6-pin connector, but not JP2 with only a JTAG connector (8-10 pads but no pins). Just bought one myself from Amazon in anticipation of this historic development. A lot of people have been working very hard behind the scenes to make this happen with our current JP1.3 cables and an update to our current software.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone confirm the european version have 6-pin header instead on 10 pads? I have found an offer for this one with the PS3 adapter for a reasonable price and if I can use this one to discover the discretes I miss for my setup I can send the URC8350 back to where it came from.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
Can someone confirm the european version have 6-pin header instead on 10 pads?...

I just bought an URC-7960 from Amazon Germany, and I can confirm the existence of the 6-pin connector, although I have not even put batteries in the remote yet Wink
fonyosz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: URC-7960 JP interface version Reply with quote

What is the version of the JP interface of the URC-7960? Therefore, which HW works with that remote? (The "Simple" Design by Tommy Tyler definitelly does not.) Thanks a lot in advance!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: URC-7960 JP interface version Reply with quote

fonyosz wrote:
What is the version of the JP interface of the URC-7960? Therefore, which HW works with that remote? (The "Simple" Design by Tommy Tyler definitelly does not.) Thanks a lot in advance!

The software does not support it yet - it is a new protocol.

It is being worked on by the experts - stay tuned...

xnappo
fonyosz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, thanks!

What about the hardware? I have one of that remote, so I could try to build a serial or USB interface if I knew more about the JP of it.

Fonyosz
madmalkav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xnappo, any confirmation of it being only a software issue? Soldering takes me a long time, I'm quite bad at it. I have some free days at work and I was thinking of making my serial adapter but I want to avoid expending some time soldering something and see it being outdated 3 days later.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-7960 JP interface version Reply with quote

fonyosz wrote:
What is the version of the JP interface of the URC-7960

That's a good question. Since it has a six pin connector with a horizontal orientation tab resembling a polarized 2x3 IDC connector, I vote for the name to be "George". That way I can hug it, and squeeze it, and call it by its name.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I just bought an URC-7960 from Amazon Germany, and I can confirm the existence of the 6-pin connector, although I have not even put batteries in the remote yet Wink

Looks like its hovering around $27 for the fair market value through Google Shopping with one eBay sale for $15.18.
madmalkav

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if new members are allowed to post link to sale sites. There is an german web shop selling the package that includes the urc7960 with the PS3 adapter for 25 euros. I will post the link if I get confirmation it is ok to do so.

PS: perhaps we should move this talking to another topic?
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmalkav wrote:
Xnappo, any confirmation of it being only a software issue? Soldering takes me a long time, I'm quite bad at it. I have some free days at work and I was thinking of making my serial adapter but I want to avoid expending some time soldering something and see it being outdated 3 days later.

Looks like a moderator merged threads. The answers to your questions are above. The answer is yes - it will be software only.

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: