JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR: Prototype IR function in RM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I hope you don't mind the "dumb" questions

No question from an expert can be "dumb" Laughing .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.01 Alpha 2. Itadds two features to the first Alpha:

(a) Highlighting is now an option, off by default. Select the Options/Highlighting menu item to turn it on. The state is retained in the Properties file between invocations;

(b) A File/Set Directory menu item with sub-items to change the RDF and Map/Image folders.

The user interface for changing folders has also been changed, to one that displays the directory tree.

As usual, please post comments in this thread.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.01 Alpha 3. It adds the following features:

(a) An "Advanced" menu with items for Clean Upper Memory, Initialize to $00, Initialize to $FF.

(b) A new item "Install Extender" on the File menu, which is an incorporation of ExtInstall into RMIR.

The items under (a) should work as in IR.exe. The two Initialize items have not been tested. I don't understand their purpose, but they have been asked for by Capn Trips. Perhaps someone who understands them can test them, please.

There are differences, which I hope are improvements, between the "Install Extender" of RMIR and the "Merge Using ExtInstall" of IR.exe:

The Java version of ExtInstall (updated to correspond with ExtInstall.exe v2.1) is included in RemoteMaster.jar, so there is no need to download an external file.

The RDF for the extender is looked for in the main RDF folder used by RMIR. It is located through the same mechanism as the RDF for an imported .ir file, so that it seeks a match on EEPROM size and Fixed Data as well as on signature. If more than one RDF meets all the matching criteria then a dialog is displayed.

No temporary files are needed in the merge process.

The install process does not itself save the result of the merge. Use File/Save As to save the result under any desired name.

These changes to the behavior of the command line version of ExtInstall are possibe since the inbuilt copy of ExtInstall.jar is used as a library rather than being executed directly.

If the RDF is unique then it is simply a matter of selecting "Install Extender" from the menu, choosing the extender .hex file in the dialog window that then opens, and pressing OK. That's it. The RMIR display changes to show the result of the merge.

So far it has only been tested with my own extender for the URC-7781, so it will not be surprising if there are undiscovered issues. Please try it and report any problems in this thread.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to discuss a couple of change requests:

1. I would like to see the 'Import' button in the RM-IR upgrade editor removed. I think it will be confusing to new users. We could replace it instead with a special 'Edit->Paste Upgrade' option.

2. This one is a lot more complex. Right now when you have an internal upgrade assigned, the 'Edit' button is grayed out (because there is of course no 'soft' upgrade). Long term, it would be nice to be able to get the 'Lookup Tool' data into RM-IR itself so we could provide a full editor, however short term, can we do something to allow the editor to assign keycode keymoves and even perhaps add additional functions?

Thanks for your consideration!

xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
(a) An "Advanced" menu with items for Clean Upper Memory, Initialize to $00, Initialize to $FF.

The items under (a) should work as in IR.exe. The two Initialize items have not been tested. I don't understand their purpose, but they have been asked for by Capn Trips. Perhaps someone who understands them can test them, please.

I can explain them:

1) Clean Upper Memory
This is for cases where you have deleted learned signals or upgrades from the memory using IR.exe, resulting in garbage data residing in the unused portions of the memory. This function will "clean" all unused memory by setting it to FF.

2) Initialize to $FF
These are typically used during RDF creation. After saving an IR file of the remote's current configuration, we will use this function to initialize the remote's memory to all FF, then we'll do a 981 reset. This will produce what we call a "virgin image". We use the FF version when the remote uses 00 as a terminator. We use the 00 version when the remote uses FF as a terminator.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have now posted RMIR v2.01 Alpha 3.
Since this download is .jar file, do I just put it into my 2.0 directory after preserving the 2.0 .jar file? Should I first find 2.01-something and then use this file?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I name them like this RemoteMasterA3.Jar, and then I click on that file to start it. Then when I go from my menu I get the current release, but when I go into test I click on the current test jar in my RM folder.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Since this download is .jar file, do I just put it into my 2.0 directory after preserving the 2.0 .jar file? Should I first find 2.01-something and then use this file?

In case Vicky's post did not fully answer the question, this .jar file is a straight replacement for the .jar file in your setup for v2.00. You can rename either it or the v2.00 one to have both in the same folder. The name is only important if you run it from a shortcut. Double-clicking the file will run it whatever its name.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've built RMIR v2.01 alpha 4.

I've changed the paste function in tables to recognized when the clipboard has HTML text available as well as plain text. When there is HTML text, it'll look for table rows and cells within the HTML fragment, pull out the contents of the cells and paste that. This change is in response to this. Please test, as I am concerned there are other copy'n'paste from a browser scenarios that may break.

Plain text should work just like before.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
I've changed the paste function in tables to recognized when the clipboard has HTML text available as well as plain text. When there is HTML text, it'll look for table rows and cells within the HTML fragment, pull out the contents of the cells and paste that. This change is in response to this. Please test, as I am concerned there are other copy'n'paste from a browser scenarios that may break.

Plain text should work just like before.

I did some inital testing. It handles pasting from the upper portion of the lookup tool and pasting from excel just fine.

It did break the copy from the "Remote Friendly List", you can't paste from that list any longer. So now there is no way to paste in the 5digit EFC's into RM from the lookup tool. KM changes the order of the columns, so its not an issue there, but with RM I need to specifcally paste to the EFC 5 column.

EDIT, I could have sworn I was able to cut and paste into 5 digit EFC's before, but I find that I can't paste a column of 5 digit EFC's in version 2 either, so apparently I'm wrong, 5 digit EFC's could not be pasted anyway. But I still can't paste 3 digit EFC's from the RMFriendlyList.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.01 alpha 5. This improves the handling of ExtInstall within RMIR. As first posted, in alpha 3, it did not handle properly the use of ExtInstall to re-install an extender when the installed version had been corrupted or superseded. That situation should be handled correctly in alpha 5.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded RMIR v2.01 alpha 6 with there changes:

• Restore paste function
  • Add "Paste (IE)" for pasting multi-column data from IE (Windows only)
  • Fix pasting EFC5s
  • Move EFC5 column before EFC column on Functions tab for remotes that use EFC5.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
I have uploaded RMIR v2.01 alpha 6 with there changes:
[list]
[*]Restore paste function

So you rolled back to the old past and I can now paste into rmir.

Quote:

[*]Add "Paste (IE)" for pasting multi-column data from IE (Windows only)

What does this mean?

Quote:

[*]Fix pasting EFC5s

Although the 5 digit EFC's get changed from the Lookup tool, all things look good. I think that the formula that I got to compute a 5 digit EFC is works yields alternative 5 digit EFC's.

Quote:

[*]Move EFC5 column before EFC column on Functions tab for remotes that use EFC5.

Yep I see that too.

I'm having issues with pasting into RM FROM RM. If I copy things from RM I need to paste them to notepad, and then copy them from notepad, before RM will accept the paste.

This doesn't seem to happen all the time, but its happened to me regularly enough with version 6 to become annoying. This appears to be associated with moving from a remote that has 5 digit EFC's to one that has 3 digit EFC's or vice versa. Once you do this, you can't paste to the OBC or EFC columns from RM anymore, however if I go out and paste to notepad I can copy this and paste it into RM.

gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Quote:

What does this mean?

It means I've added a "Paste (IE)" button and context menu item that allows IE users to copy'n'paste function names and efcs in a single operation from the first table in your lookup tool into RMIR. Firefox and Chrome users have been able to copy using the normal "Paste".
The "Paste (IE)" button and context menu item will only be shown to users running RMIR on Windows.

Quote:
Quote:

[*]Fix pasting EFC5s

Although the 5 digit EFC's get changed from the Lookup tool, all things look good. I think that the formula that I got to compute a 5 digit EFC is works yields alternative 5 digit EFC's.
The one case I tested produced the same results, but it is true that EFC5s, like EFCs, are not unique

Quote:
Quote:

[*]Move EFC5 column before EFC column on Functions tab for remotes that use EFC5.

Yep I see that too.

I'm having issues with pasting into RM FROM RM. If I copy things from RM I need to paste them to notepad, and then copy them from notepad, before RM will accept the paste.

This doesn't seem to happen all the time, but its happened to me regularly enough with version 6 to become annoying. This appears to be associated with moving from a remote that has 5 digit EFC's to one that has 3 digit EFC's or vice versa. Once you do this, you can't paste to the OBC or EFC columns from RM anymore, however if I go out and paste to notepad I can copy this and paste it into RM.

I will look into this. If you figure out a consistent way to reproduce this, please let me know.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Quote:

What does this mean?

It means I've added a "Paste (IE)" button and context menu item that allows IE users to copy'n'paste function names and efcs in a single operation from the first table in your lookup tool into RMIR. Firefox and Chrome users have been able to copy using the normal "Paste".
The "Paste (IE)" button and context menu item will only be shown to users running RMIR on Windows.

Okay, I totally missed the paste IE thingy down at the bottom, I normally just paste CTRL+V, I'll give that a test.

Quote:

Quote:

I will look into this. If you figure out a consistent way to reproduce this, please let me know.

Well what's ever going on seems to persist between RMIR sessions.

I opened RMIR not RM.
Then open this file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9344
Then copy a few of the efc's
and paste them down a row.

Sometimes they change, sometimes they don't.
If they changed switch to a remote that uses 5 digit efc's and repeat. Now it won't paste for sure, unless you paste them into notepad and then copy them back out and paste again.

Is that enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 38 of 59

Jump to: