JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need recommendation for remote for SA8300HDC Cable box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reeltripp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Need recommendation for remote for SA8300HDC Cable box Reply with quote

It's been a few years since I used JP1 for my Replay TVs but now I'm back wanting to program my Cable Box remote. Existing remote is labled Time Warner Cable "1056B01" and has 4 letter buttons "ABCD" which keeps me from using a box full of old remotes. I tried to download it using my old serial cable but got an error that unit was not recognized.

I would like to buy new remote with "ABCD" buttons and programmable. What are my choices and will I need a new JP1 cable.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an atlas remote which requires a new JP1.3 cable. Any JP1 remote you replace it with today, like the similar RCA RCRP05B or Radio Shack 15-134 (both with ABCD buttons) will also require a JP1.3 cable. Since the atlas you have is about as good as it gets in the JP1 world today, you may as well keep using it and just get a new JP1.3 cable from Tommy Tyler.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I placed and order with Tommy. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: