JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question for Tivo users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Question for Tivo users Reply with quote

Seeing as how there are so many Tivo upgrades floating around, all with pretty much the same info, I thought it might be a good idea to compile a master list of Tivo functions, in case any of the devices had functions that the others didn't, and I found one thing that's a little surprising.

It appears that the main TIVO button uses a different OBC for several of the platforms, is this really the case?

Here's the OBCs that I've found for the TIVO button...
000 - From the original Philips units
001 - For Thompson Tivo's from the UK
002 - For the "series 2" units
015 - From HDVR2 - DirecTivo units

There are also two OBCs for EXIT: 050 and 069
Two for GUIDE: 017 and 054
Two for ENTER: 054 and 204

Could someone confirm that these codes. If you use the "other" code, does it do anything?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Question for Tivo users Reply with quote

Note, I have a Philips DSR6000R, which is is the first generation DirecTiVo.

The Robman wrote:
It appears that the main TIVO button uses a different OBC for several of the platforms, is this really the case?

Here's the OBCs that I've found for the TIVO button...
000 - From the original Philips units
001 - For Thompson Tivo's from the UK
002 - For the "series 2" units
015 - From HDVR2 - DirecTivo units

I'll try some of these when I get a chance. I'm using 015 at the moment.
Edit: All 4 of these work equally for me.
The Robman wrote:

There are also two OBCs for EXIT: 050 and 069

050 is for CLEAR, and 069 is for EXIT. Clear is the function that is normally assigned to the Exit button on UEI remotes.
EXIT is one of a 2 new buttons (WINDOW is the other, OBC=068) that are on some newer remotes but have no current function. The speculation is that they are for TiVo generated PiP, but that is just speculation.

Quote:
Two for GUIDE: 017 and 054

Originally, the TiVo remotes had one button for Live TV/Guide, which used OBC 017. Some newer remotes have seperate Live TV and Guide buttons. The OBC for Live TV=17 and the OBC for Guide is 054. The software in the TiVo tries to figure out which remote the user has to figure out how to interpret these functions. The combined button uses OBC 017. When building an upgrade, it can be hard to figure out which one to use. See ...

http://archive.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1294339#post1294339

Quote:
Two for ENTER: 054 and 204

The OBC for ENTER is 051. OBC 204 does nothing for me.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
indulis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK there is also the facility to set a Tivo into a different remote mode, so you can control up to 9 Tivos. In the PTV recorder setup guide (TiVo Series 1), if you set the remote to be "unit 0" it will control all Tivos, if you set the remote to be unit 1-9, only the matching TiVo will respond.

Messages and Setup-System Information-Remote address

Cheers,

Indulis
jayerndl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Tivo users Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
050 is for CLEAR, and 069 is for EXIT. Clear is the function that is normally assigned to the Exit button on UEI remotes.
EXIT is one of a 2 new buttons (WINDOW is the other, OBC=068) that are on some newer remotes but have no current function. The speculation is that they are for TiVo generated PiP, but that is just speculation.
On my Hughes HDVR2 units both the CLEAR and EXIT buttons have current (and different) functions. For example the CLEAR button will delete a show from the "Now Playing" list. It also will remove the on-screen "info" display (in certain situations the EXIT button will not do this and only the CLEAR button will work). I agree that the exact functions of the CLEAR and EXIT buttons are confusing, but they are definitely different.

Jay
jon63822

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code for TiVo On/Off
Series 1 or 2
Not for Sony

EFC 152
OBC 053
HEX 53

This code was not available on a TiVo remote.
Allows direct On/Standby, not TiVo Central/Tivo Central.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: