JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

daytek 871 dvd player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
damomtl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: daytek 871 dvd player Reply with quote

hi guys im a newbie first time post
i have a radioshack 2114 remote...im not looking to make this remote jp1 compatible cause i really dont understand the practice plus this is the 3rd dvd player in the household
so i bought this dvd player from ebay and it has no remote and i cant watch any movies without the remote, daytek wants to charge 25$ dollars for a new remote which is ridiculous since the dvd player is 60$ retail, so what im asking for is the programming code for the dvd player, im having trouble with it, i tried manually doing it an nothing happened. i know some guys have programmed the remote using jp1 so maybe u guys can tell me what the programming code is?

thanks
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: daytek 871 dvd player Reply with quote

damomtl wrote:
i have a radioshack 2114 remote...
i know some guys have programmed the remote using jp1 so maybe u guys can tell me what the programming code is?

AFAIK, the 15-2114 is NOT a JP1-capable remote, and I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning that they were able to make it so. That being said, even if there was a JP1 upgrade, you're stuck with the codes that are pre-programmed in the 2114 out of the box (Daytek is made by Daewoo; have you tried the DVD codes 440, 441, and 444 listed in the manual?). If none of them work the DVD player, you won't be able to do anything about it (the 2114 doesn't support learning either).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15-2114 is not a UEI remote, so nobody here will know how to program it. I suggest calling Radio Shack and ask them to send you a manual for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: