JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas remote track forward/back stickers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Atlas remote track forward/back stickers Reply with quote

Finished my project to replace the 'Music/Help' sticker on the Atlas with Track Forward/Back. I tried doing the whole sticker with cutouts for the buttons, but it didn't look too good. Here are the results:

xnappo
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! What did you make the label out of?
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:

Just paper - I have a color laser printer though, and the black toner is pretty waxy.

xnappo
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. This might also work well with one of those Brother or Dymo label gizmos with white on black label tape.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
greenough1 wrote:

Just paper - I have a color laser printer though, and the black toner is pretty waxy.

xnappo
Regular paper I got, but a color laser - may have to print these at work. Twisted Evil

What font style and size did you use, and how did you glue them on? Do they stick pretty reliably or do they fall off?

I just use the keys immediately below (the PVR buttons) for "Skip FWD" and "Skip Back", but plan to use those three (F1, OnDemand, and F2) buttons for my Multiplexing requirements, so would want to label them with "Blu-Ray", "HD-DVD" and "Region-Free DVD" respectively on top, and "VHS", "Media PC" and Laserdisc" underneath.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

What font style and size did you use, and how did you glue them on? Do they stick pretty reliably or do they fall off?

I used Arial 20 for the font. I scanned in one of the original stickers and then made another layer in my paint program to get it to match up. I just used a glue stick since I wasn't sure I would like it - but that seems to be sticking really well actually.

As a further mad science project, I put some drops of superglue over the label before cutting it out. It is interesting - once the super glue dries, the white part becomes clear. I was going to mess with making black 'plastic'(via superglue) dots with the symbol in the center and superglue it to the button itself - I think the backlight would still go through. However my hole punch was too big and I couldn't make them look very good...

xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: The obsession continues... Reply with quote

I seriously don't know what my problem is. After my discovery about super glue turning paper into clear plastic, I just couldn't help myself:

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: