JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying to get Philips DSR708 DirecTivo to work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmoore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Trying to get Philips DSR708 DirecTivo to work Reply with quote

I have a 15-1994 remote. Sometime in the distant past I made a cable for it, got IR.exe working, and got it to talk to my Sony T-60 DirecTivo box. Now I've bought a new DirecTivo, a Philips DSR708. I've forgotten most of what I learned before about how remotes work and I'm kind of stuck.

I do still have the cable, I've got IR.exe (downloaded the latest), and I can talk to the remote. I'm not able to get the KM spreadsheet to work because I can't add the Analysis Tool Pack add-in. Apparently there's something wrong with my Office XP CD - the installer won't run at all.

I think what I want to do isn't too complicated. I have about a dozen key moves programmed for the T-60 that I need to change so they work with the Philips. I just don't know what to put in for device type, setup code, and EFC for each.

I tried having the 1994 learn one of the buttons from the Philips remote and this is what I get:
Protocol: Tivo-NEC1 unit=0
Device: 133
Sub-Device: 48
OBC: 70
Hex Cmd: 9D
EFC: 166

The 166 agrees with a list of Advanced Codes I found, but I don't know what to do with the rest of the information.

If anyone could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks,

Chris
wwwoholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try to fix your installation first. If you did JP1 before, you can do it again.

Do not try to run installer from CD. Instead: start-settings-control panel-add/remove programs; find office XP in the list. There should be two buttons: "remove" and "change". If you click "change" local copy of the installer should start. Check if you have Analysis Tool Pack already installed. If not - try to install.

If yes - then this plugin is simply disabled. Run excel and enable it. Also, due to great microsoft wisdom menu tools-addins in excel is disabled if file is not open. And you can not open KM until you enable it. To break the circle temporarily create blank new workbook.
cmoore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. When I click on "Change" it says it needs the CD. I put the CD in and it starts running the installer. Then I hear the CD "buzz" three times (like it's doing retries?) and I get an error, "This patch package could not be opened. ..."
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you can't get KM and Excel working, you can always give RM a try.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
cmoore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Making Progress Reply with quote

OK, I was able to add in the Analysis Tools Pack to Excel on my laptop, so I've got KM working. Now I'm confused about device types. The page I found that describes the codes for the Philips DirecTivo says "Advanced Codes for PVR_0618", then "VCR/0618 and SAT/1142 <CABLE Group>".
So is my device type PVR? VCR? SAT? Or Cable?

Thanks for your help.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built setup codes are VCR/0618 and SAT/1142, but these aren't built into the 15-1994, so you should just pick whatever device type you want, based on which type provides the highest number of keys you want to use.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 15-1994, CBL and VCR modes have the most buttons, so go with either of those.

To answer your main question, all UEI codes fall into 4 main categories: TV, VCR, CBL and Audio. Each of those categories breaks down into smaller categories...

TV: (none)
VCR: LD, DVD, PVR,
CBL: SAT, VIDACC, etc
Audio: CD, HOME_AUTO, etc

So, in a non-LCD remote like the 15-1994, DVD, LD, etc codes are all lumped in with the VCR codes, whereas in an LCD remote like the 15-2116, they are seperated into seperate groups.

The PVR codes appear as "VCR" codes in most remotes, but on a few select remotes, there is a seperate PVR category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: