JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony CDP-CX450 Mega Disc Changer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbieslinger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Sony CDP-CX450 Mega Disc Changer Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony CDP CX450
2. Type of device: 400 CD Changer
3. Year: 2001-2002 (best guess)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes downloaded the rmdu for the 355 and 400 (all three for the 400) none worked
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes they are there but I do not know how to change to rmdu http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=sony&dv=cdchanger&kw=&st=&ar=&dt=&so=&au=&le=&pg=4
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? no

I just need the rmdu file for the remote (RM CX450) thanl you
kupakai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Sony CDP-CX450 Mega Disc Changer Reply with quote

newbieslinger wrote:

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes they are there but I do not know how to change to rmdu http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=sony&dv=cdchanger&kw=&st=&ar=&dt=&so=&au=&le=&pg=4

To answer your question, you can use DecodeCCF to convert the ir codes in the CCF to the info you need to enter in Remotemaster.

However, I took a quick look at the CCF file for the CDP-CD450 that you linked to and they have more or less the same functions and ir codes as the rmdu for the CDP-CX400 you found.
newbieslinger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kupakai,

Thanks for the info. I downloaded a random cdp-cx450 ccf file and converted it to a text file that I was able to view in excel. I'm not sure what to do after that. I'm not trying to be lazy, I'm just lost. Is there a way to convert it straight from the ccf to rmdu. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be typing all this stuff into RM.

Thanks again.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, there is no tool for a more direct conversion.

I'm not sure how much other stuff (bad decodes and/or other devices) are mixed into that excel sheet. Excel's sort operation may be helpful to get the good content together (necessary if you want to copy/paste whole columns). Or maybe just delete a few bad rows.

I also don't know which column (if any) has decent function names. That varies by CCF file.

You should have a bunch of lines that all have the same protocol name, device number and subdevice number. Those things should be entered once on RM's setup sheet.

Then you go to RM's functions sheet. If you have a contiguous block of clean decodes in Excel, you can select and copy the whole block of function names and paste that over RM's function name column, then select and copy the corresponding block of OBC numbers and paste it in RM's OBC column.

But maybe you should reread kupakai's answer first. He said the CDP-CX400 upgrade you found is pretty much the same as the result you would get by following the instructions I gave above.

If that CDP-CX400 upgrade didn't work for you, maybe there is something wrong with the way you installed/tested it.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony CDP-CX450 Mega Disc Changer Reply with quote

newbieslinger wrote:
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
What remote are you trying to build the upgrade for (you didn't specify a name) and how are you planning on getting the upgrade into the remote (without a cable)?
newbieslinger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working, next time make sure the ir blaster is set correctly!!!

Now ifI could just figure out how to delete the post.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbieslinger wrote:
I got it working, next time make sure the ir blaster is set correctly!!!

Sounds like a Slingbox post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: