JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc 9960 wav file for sky+ uk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: urc 9960 wav file for sky+ uk Reply with quote

does anyone have the ability or access to making me a wav upgrade file for my urc 9960 remote. I understand the code is 1175 but my remote doesnot have this code in its memory and ive searched around and found i need a wav file to upgrade it thanks .
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of Sky+ upgrades in the file section. Pick one and tailor it using KM of RM and add it to IR, where you can then choose IRtoWAV output in the File menu.

If it wasn't Christmas Eve, I could probably do it in about 20 minutes for you.

If you need it badly, invest the time and do it. If you can wait, I may be able to get to it in a few days.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
blaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive down loaded remote master and changed a down loaded keymap from a 8060 remote to my 9960 remote and saved it, thats when im getting lost i cant see how to get this file into a wav , ive got keymap master but cant load my remote master saved file into it, ive also irtowav which im lost on aswell, will keep trying and see what happens.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to load the latest version of IR. Then you paste the RM output into IR and make your wave file.
I am by no means an expert on this, but it looks like IR is your missing piece...
blaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here goes, still not getting this why is there like 4 pieces of software needed which dont seem to be very compatible with each other all needed to upgrade this remote, Capn Trips was the last person to sort me out in april when i wanted to upgrade the 9960 remote to work with all my kit and ive found that down load wav from this site again, so far ive converted the wav and have the contense in ir remote control programer i then edited another remote master sky+ file and copied the hex over onto mine and ive saved it, all i need now is to work out how i get this ir. file into a wav, think im getting there, i need a cable for my remote looks lots easier
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaster wrote:
ok here goes, still not getting this why is there like 4 pieces of software needed which dont seem to be very compatible with each other all needed to upgrade this remote, Capn Trips was the last person to sort me out in april when i wanted to upgrade the 9960 remote to work with all my kit and ive found that down load wav from this site again, so far ive converted the wav and have the contense in ir remote control programer i then edited another remote master sky+ file and copied the hex over onto mine and ive saved it, all i need now is to work out how i get this ir. file into a wav, think im getting there, i need a cable for my remote looks lots easier
The software is pretty darned compatible "with each other" if you ask me, and I haven't written any of it. I'm just a user, albeit one of several years.

You need different software for different processes.

(1) IR is the software that communicates with your remote via your JP1 interface (or JP1.1, 1.2, or 1.3). Period. Anything else it does (like allow you to manipulate keymoves, macros, add/remove upgrades, create wav files) is gravy.
(2) KM OR RM is needed to create a device upgrade (you only need one of the 2). The OUTPUT of KM or RM then must be added to IR for subsequent communication with the remote.

These 2 pieces of software are the only ones you "NEED" to use JP1. Other stuff supplements ro expands the capability. Like you need rdf files so IR and RM can correctly map data to/from a particular remote. You "need" decodeIR.dll so that IR can decode learned signals (only if you need to decode learned signals). You "need" map and image files to enhance RM's GUI (but it works fine without them). You "need" Extinstall.exe if you want to install an extender to your remote. etc. None of these bits of software are programs that you "run" per se, but are necessary, yes. Take a look at ANY software application out there in the real world. It populates your hard dirve with all sorts of other files ("software") in order to work properly, efficiently, ...i.e. "better".

If you want to create a wav file, that is a later capability added to IR.exe. The wav upgrade capability can be used to add the ENTIRE EEPROM image, just upgrades, just keymoves/macros, etc. I suppose it's possible that somebody could write a standalone program to create a wav upgrade from a KM or RM upgrade, but that's ineffient, 'cause then you need a separate program to create wav files for the OTHER circumstances. As it is, IRtoWAV SUPPLEMENTS IR.exe.

You don't run IRtoWAV separately, you just download it and ensure IR.exe knows where to find it (File>Set Directory>IRtoWAV Path...).

Add your RM (or KM) upgrade to IR, and go to File>Export to Wav>Upgrades (if that's all you want) and it creates your wav file for you. It's all done from within IR.exe.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
blaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will ive managed to get sky + working now had to try a few sky + codes has some had some buttons missng but thats sorted now, just need to get the rest of it back on to my remote has looks like ive lost the rest of the codes i had, getting there slowly
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaster wrote:
looks like ive lost the rest of the codes i had

Give more details and you'll get better help.

I assume you loaded a .wav file.

In creating a wav file, you can make one that replaces the entire eeprom contents, or one that just replaces the upgrade area. Which did you choose?

If you replaced the entire eeprom contents, that explains whatever "codes" you lost. At that point you're probably better off switching to managing the entire programming of the remote with IR.exe via .wav file. Put all the setup code selections, keymoves, macros etc. you want into IR.exe and reload via wav file.

If you replaced just the upgrade area, then I guess you mean you had previous upgrades that you lost. By now you probably figured out that you need to load all your upgrades together into IR.exe before producing a .wav file.
blaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep thanks i managed to sort out the above, yes i lost my entire upgrades, so i changed my previous wav file to include the changed sky+ upgrade and loaded that up into my remote and all working fine now thanks lads for your help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaster wrote:
ok here goes, still not getting this why is there like 4 pieces of software needed which dont seem to be very compatible with each other all needed to upgrade this remote

That's how it goes with free software written by volunteers in their spare time. Each piece of software that you mention was written by different people.
blaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software works well on there own its just a shame there all didnt use one standard, i like the easy use of remote master , it looks good and seams to work well if that had the import and export from wav that one piece of software would have done everything i wanted, ir software is needed to upload and download from the remote either with the jp1 lead or using wav's, but i managed with help from this forum and the guys above and the helpfiles to copy and paste the hex from one piece of software to the other and then all was sorted, where can i get a jp1 lead for my 9960 looks like i will get a lot more from my remote with one of these leads, and thanks again lads for the help and the guys for there time involved making the programes which allowed me to sort my remote out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: