JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help With PrediWave PDV4100 - IR blaster 2 JU Slingbox Pro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hjeng

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: CCF file Reply with quote

I record the ir signals in CCF format.

here is the file:
http://hansonweb.com/digitv.ccf
or
http://hansonweb.com/digitv.zip

I'm not sure how it works exactly, there seems to be
many devices inside the CCF file, and I recorded it over the
"digiTV" device.

So is this something that can be converted for slingbox upgrade?
What's my next step?

thanks for the help
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
1) If they really use RC-5, maybe it is easier to experiment.

I assume the device has digit functions.

Almost all RC-5 code sets use the standard OBC numbers for digit functions. So you just need to find the device number.

Probably you could kludge an upgrade that would let you test one digit OBC in all RC-5 device codes. Once you have the device code, you can test the other way to find missing functions.

So it does look like John's guess was correct as the CCF decodes into RC-5 device=30 and digit OBC=digit.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, then. A ccf file is something we can deal with. The next step is to decode it using decodeccf.exe.

If you download and unzip that program, and read the readme, you will see that you simply drag your .ccf file onto the decodeccf.exe program, and it creates a .txt file.

Then, you simply open that .txt file in a spreadsheet, like Excel, and you get a display of every signal in that ccf file. Cleaning it up and deleting those signals that were NOT learned to "digiTV" yields:

Code:
Protocol   Device     OBC    Key
RC6           40       12   {action}
RC6           40       33   Now!
RC6           40       32   =+od
RC5           30        1      1
RC5           30        2      2
RC5           30        3      3
RC5           30        4      4
RC5           30        5      5
RC5           30        6      6
RC5           30        7      7
RC5           30        8      8
RC5           30        9      9
RC5           30        0      0
RC5           30       12   Menu
RC5           30       32   Exit
RC5           30       63   `Power_Toggle
RC5           30       23     OK
RC5           30       18      R
RC6           40      110      G
RC6           40      111      Y
RC6           40      112      B
RC5           30       19    `B1
RC5           30       18    `9E
0000 0067 0000 000D 0001 029E 0001 029E 0001 002B            `CA
RC5           30       34   `Up_Arrow
RC5           30       21   `Left_Arrow
RC5           30       24   `Down_Arrow
RC5           30       22   `Right_Arrow
Clearly there are few inconsistencies here. the function learned to the 'CA key did not decode, whilst the function learned to the '9E and R keys is the same. I suspect that the R button learn is incorrect, since G, Y, and B are all RC6:40 and NOT RC5:30, so I would re-learn those questionable buttons.

In RM, it is easy enough to build an upgrade from these data. You will have to decide, however, whether or not you need ALL of the functions, since your Prediwave uses two different protocols, RC5 and RC6.

If you want to combine all of the functions in a single device, you have to use the RC5/RC6 combo protocol, which uses a very large protocol upgrade (140 bytes) that I believe your Slingbox cannot handle. So if you can live (you may have no choice) without those 6 (likely 7) RC6 functions, you build an upgrade in RM using the Slingbox as your remote, selecting the RC5 protocol, and entering the functions and OBCs as listed in the chart above. Assign them to the buttons you want, and then select export to binary file and add that BIN file to your Slingbox, and select it on your Slingbox.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should explain one aspect of DecodeCCF output:
Code:

RC5           30       63   `Power_Toggle
RC5           30       19    `B1
RC5           30       18    `9E

A CCF file uses a font that DecodeCCF can't access (or at least I don't know how). That includes some special symbols specific to remote control use. Where I know what the symbol usually means, DecodeCCF replaces it with a name such as `Power_Toggle with the back quote to indicate it was really one symbol in a special font. Where I don't know the meaning, DecodeCCF just gives the Hex value from the font, such as `B1

BTW, if someone wants to tell me appropriate names for some of those symbols, I'll add that to DecodeCCF.

Code:

0000 0067 0000 000D 0001 029E 0001 029E 0001 002B            `CA

Probably obvious from what Capn Trips said, but I want to make sure you understand that one was learned badly so there is no valid signal there at all, as distinct from R that was learned well but we think you pressed the wrong button on the original remote when learning R.
hjeng

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

If you want to combine all of the functions in a single device, you have to use the RC5/RC6 combo protocol, which uses a very large protocol upgrade (140 bytes) that I believe your Slingbox cannot handle. So if you can live (you may have no choice) without those 6 (likely 7) RC6 functions, you build an upgrade in RM using the Slingbox as your remote, selecting the RC5 protocol, and entering the functions and OBCs as listed in the chart above. Assign them to the buttons you want, and then select export to binary file and add that BIN file to your Slingbox, and select it on your Slingbox.

I didn't really create those CCF file, but instead I used an existing CCF file, and my program allowed me to learn over those buttons, so the RC-6 commands probably were the old remote code, and the RC-5 codes probably were the prediwave signals.

The template doesn't match my remote 100%, so there were some unlearned or old command from the original CCF file.

I will try follow the step from the postings. I couldn't download the decodeCCF program from the software section, but this file works now. Again thanks for the help, I will try to get it working using just the RC-5, which should work..(hopefully)

thanks again!
hjeng

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: works now Reply with quote

ok, it is RC-5, and it's not JU, it's PL. for some reason the ir version says 2.0, which I thought is 1.2.

Anywayz, I did the upgrade and it works now!

when I get a chance, I will try to learn all
commands and complete the remote..

Thans for all of your great help!
bdfox18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Prediwave Reply with quote

hjeng

Hi, did you ever get the remote codes for the prediwave done?

Thanks, Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: