JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ViP 622 DVR button and skip forward and backward

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suparag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: ViP 622 DVR button and skip forward and backward Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just got a URC9910 to control my home theater. I have Dish Network ViP 622 HD DVR unit. On the Dish Network remote, I have the DVR button to bring up the list of recorded programs. Then there are two buttons which when pressed would skip 30 seconds forward or backward. This is particularly useful to skip through commercials.

I just downloaded a upgraded file for ViP622 from the download section, but I still haven't received by JP1 cable yet. Are the 3 buttons mentioned above, are they mapped in this upgrade. If so to what buttons? If not, I was planning to "learn" these 3 commands to some buttons that makes sense.

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Suparag
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you got this file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=4500

It does indeed contain the DVR function (mapped to the ENTER key)

It also has Skip forward and Skip Back, although whether these are the 30 second skips or just chapter/title skips I'm not sure.

When you download the software and start to use it you will find this is irrelevant anyway, because you can move any function to any key in KM/RM - and if you need a function not in the upgrade you can learn it (to find its code- EFC) and then, similarly, put it wherever you wish.

I would suggest downloading the software and playing around with it.

It doesn't matter that you haven't got your cable yet, you can still open and alter upgrades and learn how it all works.

Try reading this first:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

Good luck, and enjoy...
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ViP622 keys are the same as the PVR 508/510 and the PVR721 except for a couple of odd ones that you really don't care about.

If you have a later remote from UEI, CABLE/1170 should map all of the important keys.

BTW, there are discrete on/off codes in the upgrades (look at the PVR721, I know they're in there since I did that one)

The only downside is that I have not yet been able to figure out how to make a JP1 remote do the TV2 functions, that appears to be only UHF. Some day I'm going to build Tommy's UHF receiver and try to see what the Dish remote is putting out, but I'm busy with other stuff right now.
jetskier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
The only downside is that I have not yet been able to figure out how to make a JP1 remote do the TV2 functions, that appears to be only UHF. Some day I'm going to build Tommy's UHF receiver and try to see what the Dish remote is putting out, but I'm busy with other stuff right now.

If you crack open the case to the 622/722, there is a little circuit board that takes the UHF remote antenna and feeds the main board. I don't know what the signals look like as they leave this dedicated UHF circuit. It'd be cool to unplug this card and plug in a IR receiver in it's place if someone could figure it out. It's way out of my element.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7262&d=1139709932
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: