JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GI XRC110 or any RC can use JP1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgamer123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: GI XRC110 or any RC can use JP1? Reply with quote

Hi m8s,

I'm really new at here. I've downloaded tons of JP1 files. I have some problems need help.

1.I have many remote controllers of H-Fi, VCR, TV, DVD, LD, Cable Box. I can't find any model that same as guys talking about. Just only General Instrument universal remote XRC110 has 3 pin female socket under battery. So, can I use it or other remote control? If the answer is no, what all-in-1 model that can R/W through JP1 in walmart?
2.When I open keymap master, I have toolpag macro error that seems not compatible with office XP. Where and what driver I should download for it?

TIA
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One for all 8 model 8810w is just under $20 at Walmart. But most Walmart stores are quite inconsistent about stocking it.

At the two Walmart stores I shop in regularly the 8810w has gone in and out of stock many times, but mostly out. It is quite hard to understand. If they stocked a few and then took weeks to sell them (because even at $20 they're still much higher price than the similar looking remotes around them) you could understand that they would wait a while before restocking. But they seem to get in about a dozen and sell them in about a week and wait a month or two before restocking. I haven't noticed any other products where Walmart acts that way.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: GI XRC110 or any RC can use JP1? Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
2.When I open keymap master, I have toolpag macro error that seems not compatible with office XP. Where and what driver I should download for it?

This is addressed in the readme file that accompanies KM. You need to install and/or activate the Microsoft Excel Analysis Toolpak Add-In for KM to function properly. It's installed (but not activated) in a default Excel setup. Go to Tools, Add-Ins, and make sure the 2 entries for Analysis Toolpak are checked. If you're using a non-English version of Excel, it may be called something else.

Also, you need to make sure macros are enabled when you load KM. If you don't get a message asking about macros, then you need to check your security settings to make sure they're allowed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule of thumb, if the remote isn't a "One For All" or "Radio Shack" branded remote, the chances are very good that it's NOT a JP1 remote.

However, the company that actually designs the OFA and RS remotes (UEI) actually does the remotes for several cable companies and a few other OEMs, so it's always worth opening up the battery compartment to see if the magical 6-pin connector is in there.

Another clue to look for (for spotting UEI remotes) is the setup codes listed in the manual. Compare them to regular OFA or RS setup codes, if they all appear to be offset from the UEI codes by the same amount, then it's probably a UEI remote. If the remote doesn't have a 6-pin and you want to know if it can be hacked, open it up and see if there's an EEPROM anywhere on the PCB, if there is we can probably design a hack for it.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
Just only General Instrument universal remote XRC110 has 3 pin female socket under battery.
The Robman wrote:
...so it's always worth opening up the battery compartment to see if the magical 6-pin connector is in there.
If you find a 3-pin connector, then it is not a JP1-compatible remote. UEI (One For All) did make some remotes with the 3-pin connector, but they are an older design and do not work with JP1.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha, now I got it all. Thanks for all of you guys. You make very clearly explanation for me. Now I can aim my focus on new remote controller. I don't want to waste time for those old stuff.

I checked Excel's tool - it's not install yet, I do it later.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: