JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Needed: Pansat 3500s setup code for URC-8910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micro065

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Needed: Pansat 3500s setup code for URC-8910 Reply with quote

Device: Pansat 3500s
Type of device: Free-To Air Satelite reciever
JP1 Remote model: One For All URC-8910
JP1 user? Yes
Have JP1 Cable: Yes
Still have original remote? Yes
Checked the file section? Yes (I even tried some older Pansat models)
Checked the Pronto file section Yes (I even tried some older Pansat models)
Partially working setup code? No ( if they had a parcial working setup code, I would have had something to work with that I understand)

Learning remote question? Yes. I am not good at this. I don`t think I can make my own upgrade, for I don't really know what I am doing. I am not lazy, If I just had a working code with one button that worked. I could have had something to work with to make my own.

I can`t seem to find a working device code for my Pansat 3500s Free-To Air Satelite reciever to work in my One For All URC-8910 learning remote. I am not good at this. I don't think I can make my own upgrade, for I don`t realy know what I am doing, but have a good idea how some of it works. The remote I have does have learning and I was able to learn some basic functions to it. I called One For All. They tyied to upgrade it and the upgrade they sent did not work. They told me to send my URC-8910 to them in Califoria with my original Pansat 3500s remote, but if I do that I won`t be able to use it at all till they send it back. Any help would be appreciated.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry! Lets see if I am getting this right! Reply with quote

micro065 wrote:

Device: Pansat 3500s
Type of device: Free-To Air Satelite reciever
JP1 Remote model: One For All URC-8910
JP1 user? Yes
Have JP1 Cable: Yes
Still have original remote? Yes
Checked the file section? Yes (I even tried some older Pansat models)
Checked the Pronto file section Yes (I even tried some older Pansat models)
Partially working setup code? No ( if they had a parcial working setup code, I would have had something to work with that I understand)
Learning remote question? Yes. I am not good at this. I don`t think I can make my own upgrade, for I don`t realy know what I am doing. I am not lazy, If I just had a working code with one button that worked. I could have had something to work with to make my own.
Not yet, but with help you can learn Smile .

Suggest that you learn as many buttons from the original remote that you can, plug in your JP1 cable, download from the 8910 and save the IR file. Then upload this file into the Diagnosis Area of this forum. Then post another message here with a link to that file and also tell us what is the setup code (e.g. 1337) of the upgrade that UEI suggested to you.
micro065

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: I think it just looks harder than it is! Got it! Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick reply! After posting. I went and read a little from the how to. It just looks hard, but is very easy and quite fun. I have uploaded the device upgrade I made in the files section. I hope others will get use out of it, but they should try making their own its not so bad.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the upgrade file in question...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2207
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: pansat 3500s Reply with quote

i downloaded the file, and compiled it, and it worked great with my slingbox, however... some of the other functions don't seem to be replicated
EPG for instance... is there an easy way to fix this?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can contact micro065, but based on a glance at his profile entry I doubt it.

I don't know how hard experimentation is with the slingbox, so I don't know how hard it would be to just test the missing OBC numbers.

In that upgrade, I'm pretty sure it isn't an accident that all the OBC numbers are either in the range 0..31 or the range 64..95. If I'm counting correctly 31 of the 64 values in those combined ranges are used, so you could create an upgrade to test the other 33 and see what they do.

Of course, if you have a JP1 learning remote and a JP1 cable, or you have the hardware for captureIr, you could just decode all the missing functions from the original remote.

That also is a good reason to put an approximate location in your profile for this forum. Maybe someone with the right hardware lives nearby and is reading this thread.
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, updated the profile..... thanx for the reply.....
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the OEM remote for the Pansat have the EPG function you seek? If so, you need to learn it with a learning JP1 remote.

Do you have a learning JP1 remote, or just the Slingbox? If you do not, then you should get a cheap-o 8811 just for this purpose (See the Marketplace section for any number of people who sell them here, including Robman himself).

If you REALLY don't want to buy a JP1 learner, then you could "borrow" one. (Buy one at Wal-Mart; use it learn and decode what you need; return it to Wal-Mart)

But you want to ensure that it is a JP1-ready remote with learning capability.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I did suggest (PART OF) what you just did to your profile, it was intended as an easy but long shot path toward help.

The serious paths were my suggestion about testing the missing 33 OBC numbers or obtaining the hardware needed to decode signals from the original remote: 8811 plus JP1 cable isn't a very big purchase and is very well supported by this forum. Hardware for CaptureIr is an even smaller purchase, but assembly is required and support (it might be just me now) is pretty shoddy at the moment.
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.... i was actually hoping that someone had already mapped the remote in it's entirety, .... i figured i would wait a few days, and see what pops up. Obviously someone in this forum has a pansat 3500, and the capability to map the keys since a partial map is already out there.... just hoping for a quick fix.... if it doesnt pan out, then i will pursue this avenue through other means. such as the programmable remote. i have a basic understanding of the software at the moment... that is to say i can compile the bin files, and map the keys of a pre-existing file..... other than that, i would have to start reading... i already have the pages bookmarked, but not the time at the moment to figure it out...... too many other things have priority over this issue. Thank you for your kind comments, but there is no rush, and i will get it done one way or another. always make it a point to try to contribute as much to the forums as i can.... that's the way it works, and if given the chance... i can create a great tutorial..... perhaps eventually an interactive tutorial on programming remotes, but i have to know it inside and out first.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code entered for GUIDE in this upgrade is the same as the one entered for VOL+, which tends to imply that it was a typo. The user who created this upgraded used EFCs and the EFC code entered for GUIDE was 232, which translates into OBC 93.

You could try EFCs 231 and 233. These translate to OBCs 90 and 89, both of which are reasonable. I took a look at EFCs 221-223 but they translate to OBCs of 160 or more, which aren't so reasonable.

If those 2 EFCs don't work, try creating an upgrade that contains all of the OBCs that are missing from the 0-31 and 64-95 range, then load it into the Slingbox and try all of the buttons to see if any of them do anything. Apart from looking for the GUIDE button, if you discover that any of the other buttons do something, please make a note of it and report back, stating what the code was and what it did.

Thanks.
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now you are gonna make me learn this aren't you?...lol
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking at that file it seems vol- is maped as program guide.

It also seems to match the pansat 2700a file in the file area. Which is here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2472
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3500 file has the following EFCs entered:

vol up/fav,232
vol down/menu,249
menu,059
program/guide,232

and the 2700 file has the following EFCs:

fav,232
menu,059
program guide,249

So it does look like EFC 249 could indeed be the EPG code. I emailed micro065 about it and he confirmed that the VOL- button in his upgrade is the GUIDE button.
jigglypuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem solved then...... thank you for all your support, i will get around to doing this myself when i get some more free time
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: