JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie questions on URC-6131

View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Newbie questions on URC-6131 Reply with quote

First of all, thanks to everybody who created the excellent utilities and documentation! Within 3 hours of stumbling across this sight I was able to build a download cable, buy a URC-6131, transfer an EEPROM from my URC-6800 and start programming! (Rob, will you sell me three 2K EEPROMS?)

Anyway, I cannot get the INFO button to operate the DISPLAY function on my Philips TIVO. I'm using the built in 0618 code and the LED doesn't blink when I press INFO. I've also tried using KM to send Code 0618 EFC 123 to no avail. Any ideas what might be wrong? The button works fine in TV mode.

I'm still unclear about when I can use keys. For instance, PIP is grayed out in KM when in PVR mode. Can I KM it to make it available? Can I create a macro on it and be able to access it in this mode? Or does the 6131 extender let me access it? I'm about to dive into the extender today.

Thanks,
Mike
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6131 doesn't support normal key moves, which is why KM can't create them for you. You can set them up manually in IR on the Key Moves tab. You'll need to use a 2-byte hex command. For example, the hex for EFC 123 would be entered as "00 7B".

The 6131 Extender does allow "normal" key moves (along with all its other features).
utmba95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. That worked. Why do I need to use the HEX code instead of EFC?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, IR does not support the new key move format. When you enter an EFC, IR creates what we call a 1-byte key move (for protocols that use 1-byte commands). The 6131 uses a 2-byte keymove for everything.

I think the next release of IR might support this new format for the remotes that require it. An upcoming release of KM will also support it for the 6131 (and any other remotes that come along using the new style).
utmba95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the extender and have been enjoying it all day. However, I'm still confused about when some keys are unavailable. For instance, I created a toggle for my DVD player on its PHANTOM1 and it would not do anything. I moved the toggle to SHIFT-1 and it works fine. PHANTOM 1 worked for my TV and AUD, but not VCR or DVD. Where to I need to look to find out which keys I can use in each mode?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: