JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Windows MCE Remote -- RC6 w/"Toggle"...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we are in any doubt about the behavior of the MCE remote, and I believe we have the S3C80 based remotes duplicating it.

I have no idea of the status of MCE in non S3C80 remotes. But if some other expert is doing work on that and needs info about the MCE signals, I think the best source is the info Jon and I have already posted on MCE and RC6 in general. If there are any questions, ask.

Thankyou for that offer and it's none of my business if some other expert wants to get that offered MCE remote, but if they think they need it to examine the "official" signals, I think I can answer any questions about those signals without the remote.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I wrote a 740 version of the protocol and it works fine. Actually, all of the information you posted was helpful and being able to use DecodeIR.dll to test my protocol made it pretty easy. In case anyone is interested, the link is here

For the person who recently added a question to this thread about the 15-2117 -- you should start a new topic as the issue is not with our ability to reproduce the protocol. Also this thread is getting a bit long in the tooth. Maybe a moderator should lock it?
john_diamant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjarboni wrote:
The 740 version isn't for your remote, it's for older remotes based on the MITS740 (15-1995, Producer 8's, et al.). Can you use KM instead of RM as a test? I don't know if RM can import files with Manual Settings yet.

Thanks for the info on which version to use. I tried KM instead of RM and you're right. It worked correctly with KM. Looks like it's a current limitation of RM.

Thanks for the suggestion. Its working for me now.

Thanks,
John
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some fixes for importing Manual Settings in v0.94 or RM, which I think will fix your problem with Windows_Media_Center.txt

There is still a problem with the 740 version, having to do with a missing button definition in the RDF for the 9800/8800. I'll have a fix for that today.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a bit more than a day, but the fix for the 9800/8800 RDF is included in RM v0.95
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
maxse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Resurrect this from the deaad. I just got the new MCE 2005. From wha tI understand the old remotes will not work with the new MCE. The reciever can blas to an STB its pretty cool. Does any1 know if the same upgrade will work? OR perhaps a new upgrade has to be made?

In addition could you guys give me some ideas on how to map the keys? I have a 2117 remote, and it is lacking the track skip buttons so it makes it a little difficult. Also how did u guys map live TV recorded TV etc... Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: