JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it possible to change macro execution speed using JP1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hraner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to change macro execution speed using JP1? Reply with quote

Anybody knows how to change the macro execution speed? I have a One-For-All URC-8810 and I programmed a few macros to select A/V inputs. But when I press the macro button it executes quite slowly, I have to hold the remote(towards a certain direction since it's InfraRed) for a little while. I can't find any option in IR.exe(IR515).

Is it possible to change that?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An "extender" is software loaded via JP1 into the remote to change various designed-in behaviors we didn't like. Several versions are available for the 8810. Each of them speeds up macro execution, because the slow speed of macro execution is one of the designed-in features most of us don't like.

Without an extender you can't speed that up.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always like it when I get to add on to John's answers.

With the extender you may actually have to use the pause protocol built into most extenders and available as a standalone protocol to slow down extender Marcos since some can be to fast for the device you are controlling.
hraner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it looks like installing the extender is not easy, lots of steps. Also, I have a few learning keys already(for my TV), if I use the extender, I'll lose the learning capability of my remote, right? Then I have to make a KeyMaster file for my TV and load it in? I'm a newbie on JP1, so don't laugh at me Smile
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hraner wrote:
if I use the extender, I'll lose the learning capability of my remote, right?

Only while the extender is active. After installing the extender, you can (should) save the configuration in IR. Then any time you need to learn some new signals, simply deactivate the extender and reset the remote. After the learning process is complete, you simply upload your saved file back to the remote, activate the extender, and away you go.

Quote:
Then I have to make a KeyMaster file for my TV and load it in?

Even without knowing any of the specifics regarding your TV device, an upgrade is usually much more efficient and reliable than a bunch of learned signals.

Quote:
I'm a newbie on JP1, so don't laugh at me

We don't usually laugh at people around here... we just ask that they read all the beginner's documentation! Wink
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hraner wrote:
But it looks like installing the extender is not easy, lots of steps. Also, I have a few learning keys already(for my TV), if I use the extender, I'll lose the learning capability of my remote, right? Then I have to make a KeyMaster file for my TV and load it in? I'm a newbie on JP1, so don't laugh at me Smile

Your right, you would have to give up the learning while the extender is running. And yes, you would have to build an upgrade for those you learned already unless there is already an upgrade for your device in the files area.

It really comes down to what you want/need, faster macros or avoiding learning the extender. Installing the extender is easier than it sounds. You really don't have to go thru all the install steps if you don't have a lot of existing configurations to port over to the extender. You can just install the IR file in the extender package by opening it in IR then changing the devices to the ones you use and add the upgrade for the device you had to learn for then upload it to the remote.

Nobody's laughing since we have all been in the same position
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: