JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

setup code that uses every button?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: setup code that uses every button? Reply with quote

Alright so after many adventures with JP1 my setup is working perfectly until this morning where my IR reciever for my computer DVR decides to die...so I went over to radioshack, and picked up the parts to build a serial IR receiver. Now that that's done I can use basically any protocol I want (unlike my old receiver which only supported the rc-5 protocol, and partially at that.) Now my question is, is there a setup code that uses every button on my remote, a RS 15-2117? Since the IR interface I just made will support basically any protocol I throw at it, if I can find a setup code already on the remote that uses every button on it, I can avoid having to do any keymoves or anything to get every button working with my computer...I have no idea how to tell which codes use which buttons without manually going through every single setup code...and that'd take a bit too long anyway...so any ideas?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: setup code that uses every button? Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
...so any ideas?
You might try Cable/1877. Every button except Sleep & Freeze has a code assigned to it.
Xero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: setup code that uses every button? Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Xero wrote:
...so any ideas?
You might try Cable/1877. Every button except Sleep & Freeze has a code assigned to it.

You're right, that does have almost every button assigned. It doesn't seem to work with my interface though, oddly enough.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about creating a device upgrade using device type=Cable (assuming it has the most assignable buttons), select Button Codes=OBC. I would think NEC2 would be an easily recognized protocol. Pick some thing like device=255 and sub-device=255 (I don't think I've ever seen that combination so it shouldn't conflict with anything else). In the functions tab enter OBC's 0 to 100 and then assign them to buttons in the buttons tab.

These instructions should be generic enough to work in KM or RM.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
How about creating a device upgrade...

Sorta like this:

Upgrade Code 0 = 67 FF (Cable/2047) Generic CBL/2047 ALL BUTTONS (KM v8.27)
5A 04 7E FE FE FD 21 00 00 AF 2F CF 4F 8F 0F C7
B7 67 77 37 57 97 17 E7 D7 5B 07 3B 7B BB DB FB
A7 F7 27 87 47 9B
End

Here's how it's mapped:
Code:
OBC Button/Function
--- ---------------
000 num 0
001 num 1
002 num 2
003 num 3
004 num 4
005 num 5
006 num 6
007 num 7
008 num 8
009 num 9
010 vol up
011 vol down
012 mute
013 channel up
014 channel down
015 power
016 enter
017 tv/video
018 last
019 menu
020 guide
021 up arrow
022 down arrow
023 left arrow
024 right arrow
025 select
026 sleep
027 pip
028 info
029 swap
030 move
031 play
032 pause
033 rewind
034 fast fwd
035 stop
036 record
037 exit
038 freeze

Xero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that was a good idea. It gets all the keys working, however it's not working as good with the IR receiver as a setup code I tried randomly (1058 for sony receivers) I have no idea what protocol that uses but I'd like to try doing the same thing with the protocol 1058 uses...for some reason it is much more response using that one.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that your receiver is frequency sensitive. (besides any possible timing or data structure issues) Most Sony protocols are at 40Khz , I believe. You can see this info in the "learned signals" portion of IR if you've captured some commands. There's probably a list of frequencies matched with protocols but I haven't found it yet.

Fortunately my remotes (URC-8810 and URC-6131) have several types that map all the buttons except for the 3 PIP buttons ( which only show up on TV).
Xero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
It's possible that your receiver is frequency sensitive. (besides any possible timing or data structure issues) Most Sony protocols are at 40Khz , I believe. You can see this info in the "learned signals" portion of IR if you've captured some commands. There's probably a list of frequencies matched with protocols but I haven't found it yet.

Fortunately my remotes (URC-8810 and URC-6131) have several types that map all the buttons except for the 3 PIP buttons ( which only show up on TV).

currently using the 1058 setup code i only need 2 keymoves to get it all working (minus the pip buttons) so it's not too bad...if I can't figure it out I could just stick with it the way it is...I haven't captured any signals as I don't have a sony remote. I think I'm going to try making some devices using the sony protocols to see if any work but if that fails I could stick with what I have now.

I've never seen a list matching protocols to frequencies (or setup codes for that matter) but one would certainly be nice...
Xero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the sony 12/15 protocol and mapped the keys as shown above and now everything seems to be working perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: