JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 hack code upload problem for 15-2116

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sallgdonexecutiveblvd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: X10 hack code upload problem for 15-2116 Reply with quote

I have successfully uploaded smaller code into my 15-2116, but everytime I try to load the X10 hacks, I get and error message about the index file being too long. Is this attributable to not changing the "manual settings"? I loaded both the upgrade code and s3c8+ protocol code into KM 8.27. Or do I need to change the OBC to EFC?

I am really stuck. Basically I need to know if the hack file should be "plug and play", or requires tweeking settings, so I can narrow down any problems I am having. I tried repeatedly downloading the X10 hacks, to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. I get alot of intermittant MEM FAULTS when I upload to the remote.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: X10 hack code upload problem for 15-2116 Reply with quote

sallgdonexecutiveblvd wrote:
everytime I try to load the X10 hacks, I get and error message about the index file being too long

Just to be sure I understand the problem, is IR giving you the error message? If so, what is the exact wording of it, and does it occur with the upgrade code, protocol code, or both?

Quote:
Is this attributable to not changing the "manual settings"? I loaded both the upgrade code and s3c8+ protocol code into KM 8.27. Or do I need to change the OBC to EFC?

All you should need to do after opening the file in KM is change the selected remote, verify/edit the button assignments, and copy & paste both the upgrade and protocol code over to IR.

Quote:
I get alot of intermittant MEM FAULTS when I upload to the remote.

That could be a sign of corrupt EEPROM contents. If you have a saved configuration, you should do a full manufactuer reset on the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: