JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learning device id for Canon EOS RC1 or RC5 shutter button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilkera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Learning device id for Canon EOS RC1 or RC5 shutter button Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to remote control my Canon EOS camera's shutter button with a remote control software on Sony Clie handheld. The software is called Clie RMC and I need device id and command id for the neccessary IR signal.

I succeeded to remote control my Canon EOS with OmniRemote.
The code to import from memopad to the OmniRemote database for
shutter button of the EOS is here:

0000 007e 0002 0000 0010 00b1 0010 00b1

Now I want to make a profile for Clie RMC for this button.
How can I find the needed device and command numbers ?

Is there a way to decode the hex code and find out PROTOCOL used, and device ID ?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really isn't the right forum. Your question primarily concerns the Clie RMC software and doesn't in any way relate to JP1.

There is too little content in that signal to have "protocol" or "device ID" or "command ID" in the way we normally specify those. I looked at one CCF file for a Cannon Elph digital camera and it had exactly the same signal that you quoted (which reduces my natural suspicion that the signal is mislearned or misquoted).

A JP1 protocol could be created to duplicate that signal, but it doesn't sound like that would do you any good. I don't know what it takes to make a Clie duplicate that signal.
ilkera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
The code is very short, I know, but it gets enough to create a profile on PalmOS software Omniremote. With this code Omniremote can control Canon EOS.

I know this is not the right place to discuss this but I've looked at every forum abot infrared remote controllers.
A software to decode the hex code into Device ID , protocol and command id would do it right.

I thought that for JP1 there should be such a software.

Thanks, though...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you do with a protocol, device and command if you had them?

Those are concepts made up by a few people such as myself in the course of reverse engineering IR signals. They are primarily used in JP1 and also used in several programs manipulating Pronto Hex. You can't use JP1 and you already have Pronto Hex. So far as I know, none of the manufacturers of universal remotes use our protocol/device/command naming and numbering system.

What you seem to need is a way to import Pronto Hex into your RMC software. I expect there is such a way and someone in some Clie forum could tell you.
ilkera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clie RMC uses protocol , device ID and command ID to identify new devices. If I know these values for Canon EOS remote controller I can build a Clie RMC profile for it.

That's why I need to decode the hex code OR need to find these values some other way.
Any suggestions ?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The signal you posted is at 33KHz and has the following On(+) and Off(-) times:

+486 -5380 +486 -5380 each of those is a burst pair and usually a burst pair is One bit. So it is probably a two bit signal and they are the same so it is probably decimal 3 or decimal 0. I have never seen an IR protocol that short before. It could be a 24 bit protocol (+486 = 1 and -486 = 0) or a 12 bit protocol that always repeats once. With only one command, I can' t determine much of anything.

There are only a few protocols that we have seen published specifications for and those are much longer and, by comparison, more complex. Usually you have more than eight bits and with some that vary (the command ID) and some that don't (the device ID).

It's not that we don't want to answer you question, but we can't.
ilkera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you.
At least you tried to help me... Thanks...
I hope someday I find the right ID's for this device.
It'snot that I don't want to use remote controller. I am always carrying my Clie with me and that's why not carrying a remote andusing Clie instead seemed to be a good idea...
batpuppy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Canon RC-1 Emulation Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have an old One-For-All 5 (and a Mosaic but don't want that to leave the house) and would dearly love to control my Canon EOS 30 timer with it. The RC-1 remote is the one specified. Does anyone have the code for this, please? There is a site dedicated to this but the OFAs are not mentioned.

Best wishes,

Battus.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your One-For-All 5 (or Mosaic) a learning remote? Do you have the RC-1 remote? Can you teach one of your JP1 remotes the desired signal?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
batpuppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Canon RC-1 and OFA5 Reply with quote

Hi Greg.

Thanks for getting back so soon. Sadly it's no to all the questions you asked. The OFA5 is one of the old 'punch in the code' types. I'm trying to avoid buying the RC-1 by making use of what I have. The sites say that a couple of MGA VCR and Telefunken TV codes will do the trick on some remotes but I have tried all listed codes in the OFA manual for these and I can't get it to work. Apparently, one that works on the Nevo and some OFAs is Telefunken TV code 0702 but which one that corresponds to on my OFA5, I don't know (3 digit codes, 702 doesn't work - I tried).

Best wishes,

Battus
batpuppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Canon RC-1 Remote for EOS Cameras - One for All Code Reply with quote

Hi all,

since my last reply, I have managed to get the 2 second timer working with my One For All 5 using the VCR code 320. The reliable buttons are FF and reverse on the remote. The volume down will trigger instant snap but only intermittently, the rest of the time (random change) going to 2s timer. Still can't find a code that gives full control over '2s' and instantaneous, so if anyone does have a code for the OFA5, then I would really appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Battus

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: