JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Replay 5000 Remote with GE Air-Conditioner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumocomputers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Replay 5000 Remote with GE Air-Conditioner Reply with quote

I am trying to use a Replay 5000 remote with the following commands in KM using the Device Combiner protocol:

Mostly Replay functions
A Sony TV command
A couple of GE/Samsung Air-conditioner commands

I have done everything as instructed regarding the PID and Fixed Data Hex in KM, and making sure the necessary protocols are loaded into IR. Bear in mind the GE/Samsung protocol is the one found here, and it is a manual settings protocol:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Misc/GE_AC_using_Samsung20_protocol-KM.txt

I have been successful with the Replay and Sony commands, but the AC commands seem to do nothing, although the red light on the remote indicates some command is assigned the buttons. Although it is possible that the GE/Samsung protocol is not correct for my AC unit, I think this is the least likely condition, as it is made in Korea, and has the exact same functions as listed in the file.

I have posted my IR and KM files here, which have just 4 of the buttons that I plan on using assigned, but for testing purposes they work fine:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Replay-Sony-GE.zip

The only thing I do not feel too confident about, is when I pasted the GE/Samsung protocol into IR. I loaded the GE/Samsung text file in KM, selected the Replay 5000 remote, then just pasted the Protocol code frrom there into IR. Then created a new KM file, and set up my main Device Combiner file from there.

What I am looking for is maybe some small (or obvious) thing that I have missed, or a reason this will not work.

Thank You
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that the A/C commands don't work from the Device Combiner? Did you try the A/C upgrade by itself (changed to the R5K) first to see if any of the commands worked?

If the upgrade itself doesn't work, then your suspicion about the protocol being incorrect is valid. Also, if the commands don't work direct from the upgrade, the Device Combiner won't be able do anything with them either (it's not a magician Wink ).
sumocomputers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that great troubleshooting tip. I dont know why I didnt try that Embarassed

As you suspected, even loading just the GE/Samsung in KM and onto the Replay 5000 remote by itself, did not work. So something is either wrong with the protocol file, or it is simply the wrong one.

Anyway, I have figured out how to teach the GE command I want to a 15-2117 I have, read the neeessary data in IR and was able to add this simple NEC1 code to my existing RM file, and now I have the perfect remote (for me)!!! Very Happy

Thanks for all the help. You guys never insult us, and I really appreciate it.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: