JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DVD input for 15-2116

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: DVD input for 15-2116 Reply with quote

I need to get the 15-2116 to switch its input to DVD. The advanced code of DVD input for 0176, which seems closest to the Yamaha 5560 A/V receiver I have, seems to be 122, but that did not work when I used the IR keymove to do that (I bound it to the SAT key). I also tried to do it by hand, using keymover, but that did not work either.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand why/how you bound it to the SAT key? Is that the device button you use to control the amp? Or, did you select SAT as the Bound Key for the key move, with the Bound Device being the device button that controls the receiver?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can get an EFC to work on a device key unless you are using the extender but you can put macros on the device keys of the 2116 with IR.

If you have the original remote use the 2116 learning capability to learn the button from the original remote and download it to IR to find out what the actual EFC is that you need. You will confirm if 122 is right or not this way

You can then put that on any key on the remote like TV/VCR then use that key in a macro on your SAT button to switch to SAT and select your DVD input.
venik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was so unclear in explaining what I did. I tried to teach the 2116 to switch to DVD when I press the 5 key in SAT mode, which I use to select inputs for the Yamaha 5560. (SAT 5). For some reason, my repeated attempts failed.
So then I tried to use IR to put 122 on the 5 key in SAY mode. Wjem O failed doing it with IR, I tried putting the code in by hand, using keymover, folliwing the same procedure that easily got the 3 key to switch the input to VCR on the 5560. It failed.
venik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for all the typos. I finally figured it out: the EFC code was 177, NOT 122.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: