JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Combiner and Protocol RC5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunkydude69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Device Combiner and Protocol RC5 Reply with quote

Can protocol RC5 be used with the Device Combiner protocol?

My problem is with RC5 OBC codes > 63. When using the RC5 protocol in KM you mark the byte2 column with a '1' for OBC codes > 63.

When Using Device Combiner protocol you mark the byte2 column with the protocol ID you want the button to use.

How do I tell KM that in my Device Combiner protocol I want to use protocol ID 4 (protocol RC5) and OBC 116? (becuase byte2 is already being used for the protocol ID)?

I read that Device combiner can't be used for 2 byte protocols, but in the keymap-master-protocol.txt file is states protocol RC5 is a 1 byte protocol.

I hope this makes sense, if not I can try and be more specific in my next message.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the RC-5 Device Code you want to define OBC 116 for?

You should be able to setup KM for the RC-5 as per the details on the Protocol Help sheet. Select OBC-style button codes, and enter the protocol details on the Setup sheet. On Functions, enter OBC 116, and a "1" in the byte2 column. Make note of the calculated EFC and use that in your Device Combiner setup.

I believe the correct EFC for OBC 116 is "043"
chunkydude69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark

I got it working as per your instructions. I used the EFC code in my Device Combiner protocol and the remote knew which device (device 2...code 110) of the RC5 protocol to use.

Thanks for your help Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: