JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade for Bush Freesat turns on LG TV!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LMolland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Upgrade for Bush Freesat turns on LG TV! Reply with quote

I've created an upgrade for my new "Bush BFSAT01HD" UK Freesat receiver. It works fine and I've been using it for a few days. But I've just discovered that if my "LG 17LS54D" LCD TV is off, and I press the power button on for the Bush Freesat, then the LG TV turns on. (I turned off the LG, then turned off the Bush, and the LG came back on.)

I had learned all the commands for the two devices, here are the power command details :-

LG = NEC1, Device 4, EFC 053, OBC 8, Hex EF
Bush = NEC1, Device 128, EFC 159, OBC 178, Hex B2

(The remote I'm using is a URC-7550)

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks, Lester
LMolland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further review..... when the LG TV is turned off, if I set the URC-7550 remote to operate the Bush Freesat box then ANY button I press on the remote turns on the TV.

With the URC-7550 remote set to operate the Bush I've tried pressing "Magic" followed by any random combination of three numbers and it turns on the TV!

So I've tried the original Bush remote and it's the same result, any button I press turns on the LG TV.

Seems weird to me but I guess I can live with it.

Cheers, Lester
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: