JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 RS 2133 questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikedub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: 2 RS 2133 questions. Reply with quote

First of all, I don't see too many threads about this remote...can anyone tell me why? I still haven't gotten it to do everything I want, but I love it!!! My second question is...how can I get my 2133 to display the guide screen (with the arrows and stuff) at the same time it is displaying its regular VCR screen? I'm asking this because I own a Tivo and its a pain toggling in and out of the guide screen everytime I want to check my guide!!
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2133 has just not been an extremely popular remote primarily for the very same reason you posted regarding the screen layouts. People like the hard remotes because all buttons are always showing and ready for use.

As far as I know there is no way to combine screens so you can have all of what you want on the screen at the same time. The closest you can get is to use the device that has most buttons you want showing and use that for the device even if it is not the same device type.

If you use the 2133 extender with jp1 you can automate with macro's the changing of the screen. Ex. Put a macro on say the Guide button that toggles the screen to show the screen with the arrows on it. You may then have to toggle back to the prior screen but it helps a little anyway.
mikedub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for that...would you reccomend I get another remote then? I basically bought the 2133 because it looked like the hottest thing on the street...but after playing with it for a while it seems like more flash than substance.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

mikedub wrote:
I basically bought the 2133 because it looked like the hottest thing on the street...but after playing with it for a while it seems like more flash than substance.

It IS the hottest thing on the street, in terms of the wow! factor because it looks so cool. However, all that flash limits what JP1 can do, mainly because the buttons that are needed aren't available. As Nils said, a traditional JP1 hard button remote is much better (for most people) for serious JP1 use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: