JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daytek p871 DVD player code for the Radioshack 2104 remote?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevinck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Daytek p871 DVD player code for the Radioshack 2104 remote? Reply with quote

It's been nearly two years since i constructed my JP1 interface and extended my RS 2104 remote. And since i haven't bought any new equipment since then, i have forgotten just about everything i knew. Back then i used the devices.xls file to try to look up remote codes for equipment. Now that file is labeled as "old and obsolete". It also doesn't include anything Daytek. So how does one go about finding a remote code for a Daytek p871 DVD player?

I know it is possible to painstakingly learn every single button, record the values, and then create my own remote code which i can upload to the 2104. But i'm looking for a slightly quicker method because it would make the brain hurt to go through all of that.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
johann83

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first line of defense, so to speak, is the files section at the "old" Yahoo group. There is a Device Codes section which has pre-formatted KM text files for many different devices, including some DVD players. You should always look there first before you start to see if anyone has a similar device. In your case, I don't see any files for a Daytek DVD, so you're probably out of luck there.

If you have a built-in setup code that works for some of the functions of your device, your second option is to look up advanced codes (i.e. EFCs) for this built-in code in either devices4.xls or from Rob's site. If you can't find a built-in setup code for your device, then you're probably out of luck here as well.

Another possibility is to look for a similar device in the massive number of Pronto CCF files found at Remote Central. If you find a device that is a close match for the one you are looking for, you can typically use DecodeCCF to get the information you need to build your own upgrade. If you can't find any CCF files for your device or a similar device, you are pretty much down to one last option (as far as I know).

And that is...(drumroll please), "to painstakingly learn every single button, record the values, and then create your own remote code". Which in reality is not nearly as bad as you make it sound (at least in my experience). Good luck Smile .

Matt
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really hate learning that many signal, learn just a couple and post the decodes. Most obscure brands of DVD duplicate the IR signals of other brands. Given a couple signals, I can tell you which existing upgrade, or built in setup code, or CCF file matches.

Learning all the signals is faster than waiting for an answer, but do as you choose.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytek p871 DVD player code for the Radioshack 2104 remo Reply with quote

You have the answer right there in your hands...

Kevinck wrote:
I know it is possible to painstakingly learn every single button, record the values, and then create my own remote code which i can upload to the 2104. But i'm looking for a slightly quicker method because it would make the brain hurt to go through all of that.

Guess what Kevin, that's how we did it for all the other upgrades in the file section, so it's what you're going to have to do.
Kevinck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Since i didn't find that anyone had already made a Daytek upgrade I assumed it would probably require some digging on my part. The real problem is that this is for a friend. After the great experiences i had with my 2104 i convinced a friend to buy one, built him another JP1 interface and extended it for him. But since then he's moved halfway across the country and wouldn't even be able to hook up his remote just to get a couple of decodes for you to look at. Unless i talk him through it step by step. I might just have to do that.

Thanks again.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a quick Google search, and it appears that Daytek part of Daewoo, so codes for those units might work.

Another option that might get him started is the 991 Code Search command on the remote itself. He might find one that at least turns the unit on and off and then we can determine what the other signals might be by knowing the Setup Code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,
Seeing as hwo your friend has a JP1 cable and a 15-2104, here's what you should do.

1) Get him to download his remote's current memory and send you the file.
2) If there's any learned stuff already in there, have him clear the remote by doing a 981 reset.
3) Have him learn as many DVD buttons as he can before the memory fills (should be about 24 buttons) then have him download the memory and send you the file.
4) Have him do another 981 reset and then learn the rest of the buttons. Have him learn the functions to the button he would like them programmed to, but have him also keep track of what he programmed where (eg, ANGLE is on the PIP button, etc).
5) You can then use this info to build him an upgrade which you can add to is original memory file and send back to him.
ryanosman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This what you need? Smile

Code:

Protocol Name:    NEC1
Main Device:    32

Functions   EFC
power   054
pbc   036
display   229
eject   247
subtitle   119
search   101
angle   100
language   118
setup   183
title   165
menu   167
zoom   055
resume   182
pause   246
up   164
down   248
left   244
right   037
play   228
slow   250
stop   232
prev   251
next   245
f.r.   249
f.f.   233
1/all   122
a-b   116
vol-   120
vol+   104
mute   105
num 1   123
num 2   117
num 3   121
num 4   058
num 5   052
num 6   056
num 7   059
num 8   053
num 9   057
num 0   041
num +10   040
vocal assist   170
program   171

If you need the data in some other form, let me know. (My P871 is working from my JP1 equipped RCA RCU810)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's all anyone would need to create an upgrade.
Kevinck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS!

I assume there is a 'creating upgrades' guide somewhere in here or in the files section back in the yahoo groups. I'll go look in a moment. Hopfully that hypothecial guide and the numbers from ryanosman are inded all that i need.

Time to go read.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's quicker just to create the upgrade yourself rather than quote verbatim from the beginners guide, so that's what I did...

Daytek_P871_DVD.txt
ryanosman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you indeed are the man, robman. Wink
Kevinck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late. I already completed the upgrade myself Smile

Once I had the listing of all the EFCs that was suprisingly easy using keymap master. I assumed there would be more difficult steps involved, but there wasn't. I got my friend to email me a fresh download of his remote, I used keymap master, added in the device, and sent it back. Everything worked perfectly. Thanks for all the help though.
ryanosman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Welcome.
It's nice to hear that something I did was helpful. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: