JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are there any new JP1 remotes now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Are there any new JP1 remotes now? Reply with quote

Hello!

A few years ago, I used JP1 to program my RS15-2117 and have been really happy with it. I finally decided a few months ago to program the Atlas 5 from the cable company so that my DH and I could each have working remotes for our setup. We're moving out of the area soon and I'll have to let to the Atlas go back to the cable company.

My cable is the old style parallel JP1 and in the reading I've been doing on these forums, it seems that there may no longer be any new standard JP1 remotes made, is this correct? I've done some searches for the OFA 8910 and 9910 which don't seem to be available anymore.

What would you recommend? Am I going to have to upgrade to a JP1.x instead? If so, what are your recommendations for that? Will the programming process be different??

I'd like a remote that can handle 8 devices though I could possibly make do with a 6 device. Backlight would be a nice addition, though I suppose I could live without it.

Any thoughts or suggestions you could offer would be awesome. Thanks so much in advance!

Rae
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rae.

The latest remotes are JP1.3. They use a different cable. You can still get a JP1 remote, is from rob or ebay.

JP1 remotes have the best support.

JP1.2's are also discontinued, but they come in 10,8,6,5,3 device models.

JP1.3's are pretty new and are currently available, but I don't know of any 8 device JP1.3s and no extenders are currently available for the RS models.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CHART shows what's what and what's available. You can get a JP1.3 version of your Atlas from ebay for around $15 shipped. Or walk into radio shack and pick up one of the 15-13x series, all of which are JP1.3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: