JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Kuro and Comcast Custom DVR Remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Pioneer Kuro and Comcast Custom DVR Remote Reply with quote

I have a new Pioneer 5010 and a Comcast Custom DVR Remote ( New, traded the old one in when I couldn't reprogram it). I am looking to use the advanced codes to program this remote so I could use the Picture in Picture from the Comcast remote. I have already been to the www.hifi-remote.com web site and programed the remote using the 0166 code for Pioneer which programs the basic functions for operating the plasma like volume, channels, mute etc... but when I entered the codes for P in P (00116) and Swap(00114) they do not operate the P in P feature. I went the Pioneer site and they have the Hex codes and the " command" codes for 5010. They list the "command " codes as AA5E + AF 24 for "Freeze" AA5E+AF20 for " Split" AA5E+AF25 for "swap" and AA5E+AF27 for Shift. Don't know how to use these codes for the remote..Any Ideas?
I was also looked at the JP1 web ste but because this remote is new I think it is JP1.2 or .3 Anybody out there have an answer it
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV/0166 code uses the standard Pioneer protocol with a device code of 170.

The button codes that you describe use the 2-part Pioneer protocol, so it's not possible to generate the correct signals using the TV/0166 code.

Other TV codes that use the 2-part Pioneer protocol (which may or may not be in your remote) include: 0679, 0760, 1260. If you find one of those codes in your remote and the PIP buttons are not included, you can program them using the following codes:

03520 PIP Split
03264 PIP Freeze
04288 PIP Swap
04800 PIP Position
TK978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob

Thank you so much for the reply!!!! I tried the new codes that you sent, my remote accepts 10679 set code it will also accept 10866 to run the pioneer plasma but the pip codes
03520 PIP Split
03264 PIP Freeze
04288 PIP Swap
04800 PIP Position
_do not work under any of the set up codes

Any other ideas? ..I am a Newbie to the programing the remote scene so a lot of these forums are like reading Greek LOL This is driving me nuts I was able to program my old Sony tv to use the PIP buttons on the remote. But I just cant find the right code for the Pioneer
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you try to find your Comcast remote on the web somewhere? If I know exactly which remote it is, I would have a better idea of which codes are in it.

TV/0866 is another Pioneer 170 code, so the PIP buttons definitely won't work with that code.

Now that I look more closely at the TV/0679 code, even though it uses one of the 2-part Pioneer signals, I'm not so sure that you can generate the PIP signals using it.

Does your remote have a 6-pin connector in the battery compartment? If so, there's a good chance that you can add a code to work your TV using JP1.
TK978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

Once again thanks for the reply! Yes the remote has the 6 pin connector but from quick reading of several posts and the main JP1 site, I would think that the remote is JP1.X because it is brand new from Comcast last week. Everything I have read sounds like there is not a lot of support for JP1.2 and .3. I am not sure of the model #, I think it is URC-1068. I can tell you it is a silver Comcast Custom DVR 3 remote with the PIP buttons on the bottom.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you read about the lack of support for JP1.x remotes, but that's not true. We cracked how to access them ages ago and JP1.x cables have been on the market for a long time.

However, if your remote is brand new and none of the experts have seen it before, we probably don't have good support for your remote yet. However, if you get yourself a cable and hook the remote up to it, we might be able to patch something together for you.

Back to the issue of your PIP buttons, I just scanned all the Pioneer codes that I know of (that are built into remotes) and I don't see any that can contain the PIP buttons.

The codes that I posted came from this upgrade for a Pioneer PDP-5080HD:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5416
TK978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman

Yeah, I will have to read more about programing the remote through the computer. Just a quick couple of questions how do I make sure I am buying the right cable and where do I get it from? Also these code files have different extensions on them and I cannot open them. Would the download software for JP1.x have the ability to open these extensions? Thanks for your patience from the Newb!
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the SET-983 command to blink back the signature of the remote. Press and hold SET until two led blinks. Press 983. Then press
1 for the first digit to be blinked back, 2 for the second digit, etc. no blinks
if the digit is zero. Your signature could be 3039.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that your remote is a JP1.2 or JP1.3 remote (which if it's new, it probably is), I would recommend getting one of Tommy Tyler's new USB JP1.2/3 cables:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

As for the files with .rmdu or .ir extensions, you can open these using Notepad if you're curious as to what's in them, but don't expect to be able to make sense of the data because these files are designed to be opened by the JP1 software.

You don't need to wait to get a cable in order to start getting used to the software, you can start playing with the tools now.

The .txt device upgrade files should be opened using KM.
The .rmdu files should be opened using RM.
The .ir files (not that you need to look at any) should be opened using IR.exe

Some light reading for you...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm/
TK978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman

Thanks I will do that it all sound very interesting

Blinky123

I did what you said and my remote did blink out code 3039....
what does that mean?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK978 wrote:
my remote did blink out code 3039....
what does that mean?
It means that IR might recognize it as the Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 remote (JP1.3) that already has an RDF.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3039 means that the signature of your remote is 30393039, which makes it a Comcast DVR 1067Bx3, for which the support is relatively robust. If you download all of the tools they are ready for you to use without any additional analysis of your remote.

Go to this page and click on the Comcast link in the lower left margin. I expect that the top row leftmost remote is yours.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, this one...

TK978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Comcast URC-1067 Bx3 Reply with quote

When in RM and your on the "buttons" tab there is a "shift" column that self propagates ....With the above listed remote is that available and if so how would one " shift" to use the propagated features....I hope this was clear
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You access/activate "shifted" functions by a short press of "setup" followed by a press of the desired button.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: