JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Pro and Foxtel IQ2 High Def - Need Expert help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donniedarko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Slingbox Pro and Foxtel IQ2 High Def - Need Expert help Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just joined JP1 after buying a Slingbox Pro from HK. I reside in OZ in which the Slingbox is not available however I decided to buy it as I was confident after reading a few articles in Sling Community that I could get it to work.

Now, the setup went very well except for one thing hence me joining JP1. The remote for this Foxtel IQ2 box is obviously not available as its an aussie product. I found a person with the nick RPY on Sling Community which had created custom remote codes for the Foxtel IQ2 for his Slingbox AV.

I dowloaded the .bin file and tried to point to it during the Slingbox setup but it could not recognise it. After some digging around I found that there may be a problem with the .bin file not being compatible with IR Blaster 4 which the Slingbox PRO has in its latest firmware. The Slinbox AV however has IR Blaster 2 so I have a sneaking suspicion that the .bin file needs to be converted to be Blaster v4 compatible.

One, Do you think this may be the issue?
Two, How can this be done or what needs to be done to fix the issue
Three, Anyone have time to help me through this issue? I'll buy you a beer!

PS: I have sent 2 messages to RPY for help but still no reply so trying on here to get some guidance.

Donnie. Very Happy
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remotemaster, after selecting the Slingbox Remote type, has an option under Advanced to Import a BIN upgrade file. Modify as needed and then export it. Upload the RMDU and BIN files to the file section when done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: