JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Digihome PVR80?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshysquashy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Digihome PVR80? Reply with quote

1. Device: Digihome PVR80
2. Type of device: Digital Freeview with 80GB HDD for recording
3. Year: 2004
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7556 Stealth 5
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? : Not yet
6. Still have original remote? : Yes
7. Checked the file section? : Yes, nothing for digihome
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? : Yes, no matches
9. Partially working setup code? : No
10. Learning remote question? : Some keys will function the first time you press them, but not again after that.

If anyone knows the codes for this, it would be great!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Learning remote question? : Some keys will function the first time you press them, but not again after that.

Since the digihome STB without the PVR, found here is an RC5 signal, this makes perfect sense. The RC5 protocol has a toggle bit, so every time you press it, it alternates the signal. But learned signals don't toggle, so these would only work once.

When you get your cable, you'll be able to create a new upgrade that has the PVR functions as well.

Good Luck
joshysquashy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
Learning remote question? : Some keys will function the first time you press them, but not again after that.

Since the digihome STB without the PVR, found here is an RC5 signal, this makes perfect sense. The RC5 protocol has a toggle bit, so every time you press it, it alternates the signal. But learned signals don't toggle, so these would only work once.

When you get your cable, you'll be able to create a new upgrade that has the PVR functions as well.

Good Luck

Great, so how would I do that? Would I learn the functions from the original, then turn them into RC5 signals on the computer? Or do I need to capture 2 signals for each button? I'm completely new to this.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have the cable, you can decode the signals and use that info to build an upgrade. You do not need to learn the buttons twice.

For any protocol that has two alternate signals per function, the data you enter is the same from either decoded signal and the resulting upgrade can generate both signals.

If your IR signals are very similar to the signals of that other Digihome device, then you probably can get correctly toggling signals even without a JP1 cable using EFC keymoves based on some built-in setup code.

I'm not sure which setup codes are built-in on the 7556. Any of the following setup codes could be used if available:

SAT/0200, CBL/0451, SAT/1099, SAT/1195, SAT/1284, CBL/1351, SAT/1363

SAT/0292 TV/0587

The EFC numbers needed would be different for one of the last two setup codes than for one of the first seven. But any one of those setup codes can generate the signals once we figure out the right EFC numbers.

For those first seven setup codes many EFC numbers should match the EFC numbers from the upgrade linked above:

173 - 0
205 - 1
109 - 2
141 - 3
045 - 4
077 - 5
237 - 6
013 - 7
172 - 8
204 - 9
175 - vol up
207 - vol down
076 - mute
177 - channel up
209 - channel down
044 - power
236 - tv/dtv
083 - menu
113 - program guide
111 - up arrow
143 - down arrow
079 - left arrow
239 - right arrow
047 - select
108 - exit
050 - text
019 - red
051 - blue
243 - green
115 - yellow
018 - info
241 - subtitle

To test any of those you would first program one of those seven setup codes to a device key, then with that device selected:
1) Short press/release of the Magic button
2) key in the first two digits of the EFC number
3) Aim the remote
4) press the third digit and hold long enough to see if there is an effect on the device

There is a time limit (about 8 seconds) between each two key presses from step 1 through step 4, so you can't stop to reread the instructions between steps (without starting over) but you don't need to really rush.

If you find any EFC that does anything then you have a usable setup code number. Finding the rest of the EFC numbers for all functions then isn't hard and you can program any EFC number to almost any button as described on page 16 (key magic) of
http://www.hifi-remote.com/manuals/manual.shtml?URC-7552

If any one of those setup codes is present in your model but fails to work, then none of the others will work either. The only reason for listing all 9 is I don't know which are present in that model.

Last edited by johnsfine on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the remote into IR
Transfer the learned OBC's to RM or KM
Copy the upgrade
Paste it into IR
Assign it to a device button
Upload it back into the remote

I'd suggest you read this thread

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

download all the software and get some hands on. The people that designed the tools here did an excellent job of making them user friendly, but its still a lot of information to take in at once. I was sure I was going to fry my brain when I learned this the first time, and when I started back 3 years later when I got new equipment it still made my brain hurt!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: