JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sony device codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icemanfiveoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: sony device codes Reply with quote

i am currently tring to recreate a sony remote for my reciever. i do not have the remote so i am trying to do it all from the efc's. my question is what are the correct device codes to put in the key master spreadsheet under the protocol name. i have looked and looked but this is the one thing for now that confuses me. i have lists for the ofc and the efc and i have added the functions and mapped the buttons but i am unsure about the device codes. any help would be great.

jason
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked in the file section to see if there's already an upgrade you can use? No point in re-inventing the wheel if you don't need to.

At any rate, you can find all the Sony info you're ever likely to need here:
http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/sony_home.htm
icemanfiveoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: sony codes Reply with quote

i uderstand what you are saying, but, i have looked all through that site and something is not clicking. i would prefer to create it from scratch so that i fully understand how to use the spreadsheet and the ir program. i think that i understand how to use most of the spreadsheet except for the device 1 device 2 cells under protocol name. if you or someone else could explain what those numbers are supposed to be or how to figure out what the are that would be great. btw, i like to do things the hard way, i find that i learn alot more that way.

jason
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can help you understand how to naviage RHM's web site. It does have the answers to your questions.

1) You said receiver, so you click on the top level link for receivers, which gets you to
http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/Sony_rcvr.htm

2) Notice the table near the top titled "Sony:16; 48 (volume, power, inputs)". I think that is the "something not clicking" for you. That tells you:
2a) The following commands are device 16 in some models and device 48 in others.
2b) These commands mainly control volume, power and inputs.

3) Below that you see a list of OBC numbers with the meaning of each. The list is the union of all commands from many different models, so your model probably supports only some of these commands.

4) Further down you see another table titled "Sony:13; 45 (Tuner codes)". Now you know that means the Tuner commands are device 13 on some models and device 45 on others.

5) Device numbering relates to protocol type. A device number less than 32 on RHM's site uses Sony12 protocol. There are some very rare cases of commands using Sony15 protocol with a device number less than 32, but I don't think RHM documented any of those. A device number of 32 or greater uses Sony15 protocol (device numbers greater than 31 are impossible in Sony12). A device number followed by a dot and a subdevice number uses Sony20 protocol.
icemanfiveoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: sony codes Reply with quote

hey thanks! that explains alot. i was sort of leaning that way in my understanding of the sony codes. when i can test the remote i will let everyone know how it worked.

jason
icemanfiveoh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: sony remote Reply with quote

just for everyone's info, i used the sony combo protocol to acheive what i needed to do. that protocol allows you to use any sony12/15/20 code to do what you want to do. i was able to program all the important buttons for the str-d460z reciever that i have.

jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: