JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can anyone decode these learned keys from a Symphonic SE436D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donphillipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Can anyone decode these learned keys from a Symphonic SE436D Reply with quote

I have a new URC8810w and for VCR, I used code 0000 for my Symphonic SE436D VCR. All keys worked except I could not find buttons for Menu/Select/Eject.

I thought I would "learn them", read with IR and then paste to Keymaster as part of an "updated" (new) setup code, then add the missing key definitions, and reload to the remote; however, I haven't seen this kind of result before of what was loaded into L1/L4 for Slow/Menu/Select/Eject and I don't know what to do with it!!!:

Learned Signals:
# Bound Device Bound Key Protocol Device SubDevice OBC Hex Cmd EFC Misc
1 VCR L1 Async9:803-961:78.75..DD.FF 119 221 215 78 75 77 77 DD D7 75 DD FF
Emerson 40 13 4C or 4D or 4E 048 or 040 or 064
2 VCR L2 Async9:803-961:78.75..D7.FF 215 221 215 78 75 77 D7 DD D7 75 D7 FF
Emerson 40 21 54 or 55 or 56 112 or 104 or 128
3 VCR L3 Async7:1109-1325:5C.AD..AB.DB 109 181 107 5C AD 6D B5 6B AB DB
Emerson 40 6 9C or 9D or 9E 174 or 166 or 190
4 VCR L4 Emerson 40 61 40 or 41 or 42 016 or 008 or 032

What do I do with these long strings of "this or this or this"???????
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone decode these learned keys from a Symphonic SE Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:
I have a new URC8810w and for VCR, I used code 0000 for my Symphonic SE436D VCR.
Somewhere I thought I read that in certain situations, code 0000 could cause a problem. I could be wrong. I am often wrong. Ignore me.
donphillipe wrote:
Async9:803-961:78.75..DD.FF
Test the learned signals to see if they actually control the equipment, and let us know. Async codes, Gap codes, pretty much anything that looks red or strange on the learn tab page of IR usually prompts me to turn off the computer, crack open a cold beer, and watch something interesting on cable tv.

JohnSFine, Jon, Rob [in fact, insert any name except mine here] are really the ones to address those weird codes. Sometimes, weird codes can be the result of weak batteries in the OEM or the learning remote. Sometimes, weird codes can be the result of decodeIR.dll not having seen that protocol before. Sometimes, weird codes are the result of user technique during the learning process. If we are seeing codes, it is probably not a version problem, but just to be on the safe side, check and make sure all the tools you are using are the current versions.

So what do we do now? Well, while waiting for expert advice, perhaps it would not hurt to get some fresh batteries, and then review the learning process. Make sure the remotes are on a flat table, 2 inches apart, head to head, in a room with no other source of IR. Press and release the learning remote button. wait for the flashy lights. press the OEM button and hold it for several seconds, until the learning remote flashes that it is done learning the signal.

If this does not solve the problem, I could introduce you to the protocol builder spreadsheet. Smile

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone decode these learned keys from a Symphonic SE Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:
I have a new URC8810w and for VCR, I used code 0000 for my Symphonic SE436D VCR.

donphillipe wrote:

What do I do with these long strings of "this or this or this"???????

Sorry about those Async decodes. They're a flaw in my decoder.

The three different EFC numbers in the Eremson decodes result from the way setup codes for Emerson are created.

In defining a setup code for Emerson, you can select three different device numbers in any sequence. Then each OBC has three different EFC values selecting from the three devices. I know the three devices in VCR/0000, but the decode program doesn't know that, nor does it know that you are using VCR/0000.

In VCR/000, if you pick the first EFC, you get device 40. The second gets device 44. The third gets device 41. Since each of those decodes was for device 40, you should use the first EFC for each.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Can anyone decode these learned keys from a Symphonic SE Reply with quote

donphillipe wrote:

I thought I would "learn them", read with IR and then paste to Keymaster as part of an "updated" (new) setup code,

I didn't read your question carefully the first time and ignored that detail. If you're creating a new setup code, it is probably better to use OBC values rather than EFC values and let KM or RM worry about which of the three EFC values for each OBC goes with your selection of device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: