JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HkyFrk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Extender Help Reply with quote

8811 extender 3
I started fooling around with extenders and I think I am making some progress (Thanks usblipitor). I ran into a strange problem. I load the Extender, hit power to start, press the HT button. Things don't seem to work as planned... problem.... After 1 key press of HT, the remote goes totally dead. I need to take out batteries and then do a 981 to reset b4 I could do anything else. Can someone take a look at my file that I posted. (HkyFrk1_07)

Thanks
HkyFrk
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Extender Help Reply with quote

HkyFrk wrote:
After 1 key press of HT, the remote goes totally dead.
Hi! I found it:

macro#5
xs-TV: xs-TV;Phantom2;SAT

This macro calls itself. This goes into an infinite loop. This is generally a bad thing. Smile

Good Luck!
-Steve
HkyFrk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks USB. Is there any way that you could explain to me what each macro command is and what is does. I am having a tough time getting a grasp of all this.

Thanks
Hillel
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HkyFrk wrote:
Thanks USB. Is there any way that you could explain to me what each macro command is and what is does. I am having a tough time getting a grasp of all this.
Hillel,
Sure, I would be glad to help. Sorry I was not around earlier to respond to your post, I am working on updating a guide and forgot to check in to this forum. Post your macros that you have questions on, I will try to respond in a more timely fashion. Don't be shy, extender's are cool but they do provide you with far more than enough rope to hang yourself, and they even provide you with the tree, the limb, and the horse. Razz

HkyFrk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve....
In the file that yousent to me (00_hkyfrk) there is a keymove - shift-tv. What do theses values mean?

$61 $c1 $40
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HkyFrk wrote:
shift-tv. What do theses values mean?$61 $c1 $40
From memory, these are the arguments of a ldkp:

$61: 6 is a time unit. If you hold the key down for less than 6 units of time, the remote will perform the short-key-press function. If you hold the key down for more than 6 units of time, the remote will perform the long-key-press function. The unit of time is something like 0.13 seconds, so 6 units of time is about 0.8 seconds I think. 1 is how many hex codes (on the same line after the $61) belong to the short-key-press function. So 1 means that the $c1 is the entire short-key-function, leaving the $40 to be the long-key-function.

$c1 and $40 are button codes from the KeyCodes.htm that comes with your extender in the zip file. If you look on this list, I believe that $c1 is the xs-TV button, and $40 is the phantom4 button, but I could be wrong. I'll go look it up now. Moment. Yep, that's what they are.

So if you put it all together, this keymove says:
Press the xs-TV button if the button is tapped and released quickly,
Press the Phantom4 button if the button is held (more than 0.8 seconds)

-Steve
HkyFrk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... so now this keypress thing is set to Shift-tv which is the last command in the HT macro. So now how does this macro work in conjunction with the other 2 macros? (since it's the last command in the macro)
usblipitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost the file Embarassed . But no worries mate, list the macros here and I will happily explain what they do!
I cannot take credit for the disign though; it is based on Greg's design which is described HERE.
HkyFrk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the file is in the file section under 00_hkyfrk.txt
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: