JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aiwa 0406/0405 amplifier code needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdojc62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Aiwa 0406/0405 amplifier code needed Reply with quote

Hello,I am trying to put Aiwa amplifier code 0406 into comcast 1067bx3 remote.Could not find this in the files.Can anyone help?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
rdojc62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Sorry for not enough info Reply with quote

Device Aiwa avx220 amp/reciever
year 1997
comcast 1067bx3
have jp1.2 cable
have original remote
checked file section
checked pronto file section
no partial set up code
no learning remote
also I have some of the advanced commands for 0406 codes but so far i have been unable to create a device with rm that works.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Checked the file section?
This is more of a checklist item than a real question. The assumption is that you have checked the file section to see if someone else has created an upgrade for this device but didn't find one. Please provide more details if this is not the case. AND REMEMBER, you don't always need to find the exact model that you have as many manufacturers use the same codeset for all models of a device.

If you have tested the upgrades for similar models and they didn't work, please say so in your post.
If you found an upgrade that partially works, please post a link to it. DO NOT refer to upgrades by the setup code number that was used as this is meaningless.
So you have tried all of the Aiwa upgrades and NONE of them do ANYTHING? You don't really say. You just seem to indicate that you couldn't find YOUR particular receiver there.

It's really hard to help when you are so stingy with information. What are these advanced codes to which you refer? Can you provide a link?

What is the RM upgrade you created? (Upload it to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it)

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing anything, but that you believe that setup codes 0405 and/or 0406 should work, in RM select the Aiwa Combo protocol, leave Subdevice blank, and use the advanced codes on THIS page as your EFCs.

On the functions page, when using 0405 codes, assign Device=121, for 0406 codes assign Device=120 and for 0404 codes, use Device= 111.

And remember to add BOTH the device upgrade and the Protocol upgrade to your IR file for uploading to the hremote.

Amazon Firestick
rdojc62

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Aiwa 0406 Reply with quote

Thanks for the help you are trying to give.I should have said that I have a rs1925 that i programmed succesfully with jp1 and the 0406 code for all but sleep function and tuning(0405).It has been a while and trying to program the comcast remote isn't working. i did try all the files and also what you suggested but nothing has worked.I'm sure I am missing something simple here but??? Also i am using a jp 1.2 cable and did dowload ir7.Hope thats more info for you.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

What is the RM upgrade you created? (Upload it to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it)

..and the IR file you created, as well.

Amazon Firestick
kupakai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try using this upgrade file for AIWA AV-DV75? It is essentially the same thing as the advanced codes page that Capn Trips linked to above. If you look up AV-DV75, it uses a remote that looks very similar to the one that AV-X220 uses. That's not always an indication that the devices use the same ir codes, but in this case, since you mentioned that AUD/0406 and AUD/0405 works with your device, which more or less is what the upgrade file combines, I would think that there's a good chance it would work.

Don't forget to change the remote to Comcast 1067BX3 in RM and reassign the "Lost Function Assignments", and as Capn Trips mentioned, copy the protocol code as well as the device upgrade code to IR to upload to your remote.
rdojc62

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Thanks to all! Reply with quote

I did try the dv75 upgrade and realized I was putting into IR first not rm and pasting to ir.Anyway once I did that it worked.Thanks for the help and your patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: