JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help - upgrade for Sky Digibox & URC-7541
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, if only Sad . I am on the continual lookout but don't seem to find one.

Dealers here have no idea what I am talking about. We have things called 'Car Boot Sales' (probably called garage sale in US) and I keep looking!

Ron
daveoram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have just uploaded an updated KM file of the upgrade I use for controlling my sky box from my 7562 remote. It has all buttons programmed and includes additional functions not found on the remote (Favourites/Low battery messages)

It is in the device codes area of the yahoo group and called sky_digibox_fully_working_ver_2.txt

Dave
silron1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just taken a look at your upgrade. - I like nice touches with the batt warning & fav. Of course favourites can also be accessed with the blue button.

I took particular note of the 'help' , 'tv/sat' codes which are the same as we have already discussed.

So.... Have you found a way to address the problem given in the first post of this thread. If you have the answer please let us know.

It would also be good to know which TV your digibox supports.

I am still hoping to learn the codes off a Sky remote supporting a Phillips TV later today

Ron
daveoram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if I'm misunderstanding here, but the Sky remote can be programmed to operate several makes of TV as follows

1 Turn TV on.
2 Press TV on Sky Remote
3 Hold down SELECT and RED until red light on Sky remote blinks twice
4 Press TV on sky remote again
5 Key in 4 digit code for TV Brand - Remote light blinks twice
6 Press power on sky remote

if TV switches off press select - remote light blinks twice
if TV does not switch off press TV then POWER, repeat until TV switches off then press SELECT.

Code list:
Akai - 0098
Alba - 0043
Amstrad - 0063
Bush - 0157
Decca - 0244
Ferguson - 0293
Fidelity - 0294
Finlandia - 0296
Goodmans - 0335
Granada - 0340
Grundig - 0345
Hinari - 0365
Hitachi - 0145
JVC - 0053
Matsui - 0477
Mitsubishi - 0150
NEI (NEC?) - 0514
Nokia (ITT?) - 0536
Panasonic - 0051
Philips - 0081
Saisho - 0649
Samsung - 0060
Sanyo - 0159
Sharp - 0093
Sony - 0000
Tatung - 0049
Toshiba - 0156

As I understand, these remotes are manufactured by UEC I think and as such it may be that there are more codes built in which correspond to one of the lower end remotes - may be worth checking the archived manuals on this site to see if the codes match up with any listed.

As I never view TV channels other than through my Digibox I have not had cause to see which TV my remote is programmed to operate.

Dave
daveoram

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside to this, and sorry to sidetrack the thread. If the Digibox can recognise a code transmitted from the SKY remote to activate a low battery warning, I assume that there must be some circuitry in the remote which moniters the battery and when it drops below a certain threshold it sends the low batt code instead of the function code. Because of other similarities between this remote and UEC remotes, anyone think there may be similar circuitry in the UEC remotes which can be used to trigger this message when batteries are low (via key moves or similar)?

Dave
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:
As an aside to this, and sorry to sidetrack the thread. If the Digibox can recognise a code transmitted from the SKY remote to activate a low battery warning, I assume that there must be some circuitry in the remote which moniters the battery and when it drops below a certain threshold it sends the low batt code instead of the function code.

I'm not sure that's a valid assumption. The Digibox may display "low battery" when the IR signal degrades past a certain point (that usually happens when the batteries get low).
daveoram wrote:

Because of other similarities between this remote and UEC remotes, anyone think there may be similar circuitry in the UEC remotes which can be used to trigger this message when batteries are low (via key moves or similar)?

Even though I'm not 100% in agreement with your reasoning, there is a low battery check in the Producer 8 remotes. I'm not sure if it exists in theother remotes.
w_nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Hey Ron & Woody,
Do either of you have the JP1-enabled version of the Sky remote?

Unfortunately, no. I have had my Sky remote for less than a week, and my wife wouldnot be too pleased to see me hacking open the case, and soldering in a chip and pins.

And I am a bit lazy.
Hugo Rune
-----------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have a new EFC for you to try, it's 248 (or OBC 071). Let me know what it does (if anything).

Plus I have a few questions. Ron, I see a function listed as "TV/SAT" in your upgrade, but there isn't a button labelled this on the Sky remote. What button (or buttons) do you have to press to invoke this function?

When you press the "SKY" device button, I assume it not only selects the Sky mode, but it also sends EFC 014. When you press the "TV" device button, does it send a signal, and if so, is it a Sky signal or a TV signal.

Final question, would either of you like to have your remote JP1 enabled? Assuming you have your JP1 remote fully programmed to work the Digibox, if you lend me your remote I'll see if it can be made into a JP1 remote. (No guarantees though).
silron1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - sorry for delayed response

EFC =248 gives a low battery indicator via a TV screen message. Very Happy

'TV/Sat' is where I have put the digibox 'TV' button on my Kameleon 8060 and on the 8810.

The TV button appears to send a Sky signal - The only tv signal appears to come from the 'help' button AFTER the 'TV' button is pressed

Would love to have the Sky remote JP1 enabled. Sending it to you would let you see for yourself how the thing works. Must have it back before we go to Spain in March but no rush.

E-mail me your address and I will find out from the post office tomorrow the best way to send - probably Airmail Express

Ron
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
Just a quick update. Ron loaned me his non-JP1 Sky remote and I have successfully added an EEPROM and JP1 connector. The remote uses a slightly different RDF than the earlier JP1 Sky remote and it appears to have 4 pseudo device buttons present. More on this when I've had a chance to dig deeper.

I am going to write up detailed instructions int eh next day or so on how to do the mod, so hopefully any of you that have the non-JP1 version will give it a try. It's really not that difficult, but it does involve some fine soldering.
Fred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to modify the Sky+ (PVR) remote for JP1?

It has an interresting layout - almost perfect Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: