JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic TH-42PX60u with 8910 remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
screenname

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TH-42PX60u with 8910 remote Reply with quote

Have a problem with my macro with the 8910 extender.

For the DVD player, I want to

short press on the power button: turn on DVD player
long press on the power button: turn on TV (needs long signal duration), switch to discrete input HDMI 2, set VPT to TV, turn on DVD player.

To minimize macro length. I programmed L2 (in TV mode) to switch to HDMI 2, xshift-power as power, power, power

Short press works as expected and long press work mostly except the switch to HDMI 2 part. If the TV is on and I press the tv and L1 buttons, HDMI 2 input is selected. If I press DVD and long press on the power button, both devices are on but the input is not changed to HDMI 2.

Another question. How much is the pause if I use the Pause protocol and dealy value of FF?

Thank you in advance.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pause protocol from KM or RM? start with something like hex$10 for 1second.
From the Protocol help
Quote:
016 = approx 1 second
032 = approx 2 seconds
048 = approx 3 seconds
064 = approx 4 seconds
080 = approx 5 seconds
160 = approx 10 seconds

How did you figure that extending duration will do the job?
Pause is not the same thing.
While not familiar with your TV, I suspect a delay is needed between the time TV powers up and the HDMI job.
There are various approaches to that. Pause is certainly one of them, so do try it.
Another way is to increase the time between those commands by doing other jobs between TV Power and HDMI.
Try, for instance TV power first, then DVD power, then maybe your audio power and finally the HDMI selection in TV mode.

Not sure I understand
Quote:
I programmed L2 (in TV mode) to switch to HDMI 2, xshift-power as power, power, power
but it probably doesn't matter here.
screenname

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, Thank you for the tip. I tried 20 hex for the pause protocol and it works some of the times. With shuch a long delay, I decided not to include swithcing to HDMI 1 as my power up sequence. It doesn't make sense to hold and aim the remote to the TV and DVD player for 2 or more seconds to power up both units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: