JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteChart V24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmgallego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
New version posted. Excel version is HERE and PDF version is HERE. New entries are in bold. There are still many unknowns and guesses, so please let me know if you have any additions or corrections in this thread or via PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the update... the timing could not be better!

I am considering replacing for my 15-2117 for a newer JP1 remote. My understanding is that there are no more new JP1 remotes being manufactured, everything is going programming via USB Sad

I will take a look at the new entries and see my options. Meanwhile, anyone has suggestions, JP1 wise? Very Happy

Again... THANK YOU for the updated spreadsheet! Wink
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use your 2117 for RF? If so, you options are extremely limited. To stick strictly with JP1, you'll have to look for another 2117 or 9910 here or on ebay. If you're only using IR, then 2116 and 8910 are options. All have been out of production for years.

However, even new JP1.3 remotes aren't strictly USB. You'll need a new cable for a new remote of course, but you can buy or build a serial one if you want. The JP1.3 remote most similar to yours is the radio shack 15-100, but it's not RF. There are some still on clearance at radio shack (but not online) and available here in the marketplace forum. But you'll have to add the pins yourself.

If you don't need the LCD or RF, then there are many more options readily available, like the RCA RCRP05B, 10820N, 8820N and several Atlases. A few other radio shack models are still around, if you can find them (15-133, 15-134, 15-135). The remotes that come with many cable systems and some insignia, sanyo and vizio tv's are also good JP1.3 remotes.
jmgallego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Do you use your 2117 for RF? If so, you options are extremely limited. To stick strictly with JP1, you'll have to look for another 2117 or 9910 here or on ebay. If you're only using IR, then 2116 and 8910 are options. All have been out of production for years.

Yes, it has the RF, so when I am in another room, I can change channels on the cable box, satellite or pause the dvd... works great for my set up. So, yes, I see that I may have to get a new remote or purchase a used 2117 for the other rooms and get a non-rf for the living room... that would be ok.

mdavej wrote:
However, even new JP1.3 remotes aren't strictly USB. You'll need a new cable for a new remote of course, but you can buy or build a serial one if you want. The JP1.3 remote most similar to yours is the radio shack 15-100, but it's not RF. There are some still on clearance at radio shack (but not online) and available here in the marketplace forum. But you'll have to add the pins yourself.

Good suggestion, I have three Radio Shacks near by, I will visit them to see if they still have the 15-100 for the living room :^)

mdavej wrote:
If you don't need the LCD or RF, then there are many more options readily available, like the RCA RCRP05B, 10820N, 8820N and several Atlases. A few other radio shack models are still around, if you can find them (15-133, 15-134, 15-135). The remotes that come with many cable systems and some insignia, sanyo and vizio tv's are also good JP1.3 remotes.

Thanks, I will print this topic so I can look for those models. However, I would like to continue controlling the hardware via RF in the living room and watch tv on the other rooms.

THANKS!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the 15-100 needs a fairly difficult mod in order for you to be able to program it using JP1. The other RS models (ie, 15-133, 15-134 and 15-135) are JP1 ready out of the box.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: RemoteChart V24 Reply with quote

aberguerand wrote:
Here is an updated version of the RemoteChart table. Its purpose is to list all remotes known to be JP1able.
The chart has mainly be compiled from the RDFs in the files section and from postings in this forum.

The chart still contains a lot of question marks and probably a lot of errors. All contributions to improve this are welcomed.

Wow! This is an awesome document. Though I don't believe it should be shared in an archive; as it is now. It should be another one of those living documents that everyone can contribute to without going through a single person. I decided to share this document online using Google Docs. At least until I can figure out a way to transcribe this into our wiki. If you want to edit the file online please send me your email address in a private message and I'll add you as a editor.
matt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just added the Philips SRP5004 to the wiki version of this chart.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if URC7557 is JP and which type?

Many Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a JP1.2 (HCS08) remote, with the same signature (10751075) as the 7555 and 7556. We have had some trouble getting it to work with RMIR using the RDF for the 7555/7556, but I suspect that just a small tweak to the RDF is needed.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
It is a JP1.2 (HCS08) remote, with the same signature (10751075) as the 7555 and 7556. We have had some trouble getting it to work with RMIR using the RDF for the 7555/7556, but I suspect that just a small tweak to the RDF is needed.

Many thanks for your response
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.trustedreviews.com/one-for-all-smart-control-motion_Peripheral_photos

This is a OFA Infinity and these look like JP1 pins to me in the 3rd photo, is anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a URC-7960 Smart Control 6, which is a JP1.4 remote.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
That looks like a URC-7960 Smart Control 6, which is a JP1.4 remote.

Thanks. I dont see any discussions re 1.4 support or what cable to use if I bought such an item. What can you advise?

Many Thanks
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now found some older posts and am reading through them.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

For quite a while there have apparently been few new entries in the Wiki JP1 Remote Chart.
Still I have personally found it interesting from time to time so for what it is worth
I am willing to try to transcribe new details if you care to post them here, or pm.

I don't myself have the knowledge otherwise to 'maintain' or update the chart,
and am not even sure what all the headings mean!!
- but this is a list of the categories of the information (or '?') which would be required for me to complete a new entry,
with my ideas as to significance of the headings where it seemed obvious:-

Model (e.g.'15-100)
Brand (e.g.'Radio Shack')
Name (e.g.'8-in-1 Remote')

JP1 connector (e.g.'Yes'/'No'/'Holes'/ or perhaps 'OE.USB' for simpleset remotes?)
Cable (e.g. 'JP1'/3/4/'Simpleset' etc)
Learning (y/n)
Modem Upgrade (y/n)

Processor (e.g.'S3F80')
EEPROM (e.g.'5k')
IR (?)
RM (?)
KM (?)
>2k support (?)

Extender (y/n + link address)
Phantom Devices (number)
EFC Digits (number)

Device Style (number of devices)
Device Offset (?)
Signature
Still Made (y/n)

Year
Region
Revision Package (version, e.g. R00/ R01)
Similar Model

Comments (any other notes)
949 etc. up to 998, (whether remote responds to 9xx commands)

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Hi all.

For quite a while there have apparently been few new entries in the Wiki JP1 Remote Chart.
Still I have personally found it interesting from time to time so for what it is worth
I am willing to try to transcribe new details if you care to post them here, or pm.

I don't myself have the knowledge otherwise to 'maintain' or update the chart,
and am not even sure what all the headings mean!!
- but this is a list of the categories of the information (or '?') which would be required for me to complete a new entry,
with my ideas as to significance of the headings where it seemed obvious:-

Model (e.g.'15-100)
Brand (e.g.'Radio Shack')
Name (e.g.'8-in-1 Remote')

JP1 connector (e.g.'Yes'/'No'/'Holes'/ or perhaps 'OE.USB' for simpleset remotes?)
Cable (e.g. 'JP1'/3/4/'Simpleset' etc)
Learning (y/n)
Modem Upgrade (y/n)

Processor (e.g.'S3F80')
EEPROM (e.g.'5k')
IR (?)
RM (?)
KM (?)
>2k support (?)

Extender (y/n + link address)
Phantom Devices (number)
EFC Digits (number)

Device Style (number of devices)
Device Offset (?)
Signature
Still Made (y/n)

Year
Region
Revision Package (version, e.g. R00/ R01)
Similar Model

Comments (any other notes)
949 etc. up to 998, (whether remote responds to 9xx commands)

Many of those details aren't as important as they were in the early days of JP1 when the chart was first conceived. I think the average person using the chart today needs to know the make/model and interface type, and signature for a kind of unique identifier. If it makes it onto the chart, we can probably say it's RM supported. Newer remotes will not be KM supported. Any remote that's not JP1 or JP1.3 probably won't be IR supported.

Extender, Phantom devices, EFC digits can all be pulled from the RDF.

I think Device Style refers to whether setup codes are manually entered using a device index (0 for cable, 1 for TV, 2 for video and 3 for audio typically) or rather using a device button (CBL, TV, etc.).

So please, if you're willing, go ahead and give it your best shot, and we'll review and try to fill in the blanks.

Back when I did it, I would download all the development RDFs and get as much info as I could out of them, then search some posts here for missing details (interface type, still made, etc.). I think some info, even just a list of models with no other details, would be better than nothing.

Thanks for doing this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: