JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Radio Shack 15-134
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: New Radio Shack 15-134 Reply with quote

Just saw THIS on radioshack.com. Pretty much the same as it's 133 and 135 cousins, but with colored buttons. It looks like it would make a nice replacement for a satellite remote, but too expensive IMO, unless it goes on sale.

EDIT: Finally got one and finished up the RDF. Actually nicer than I expected. The device buttons have led's so you know the active device, and the number keys have letters printed above them for easier searches on DirecTV DVR's. It also has a hidden Home Theater mode as well as 3 additional devices. To use Home Theater mode, just create a macro on a physical button that uses the phantomMS button. Best of all it's easy to buy and JP1.3 ready.

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I picked up the 15-135 7 device remote for $10, last weekend, so I think $29 for the 5 device remote is a little steep. Especially since the 135 has 4 more tiny keys at the bottom and 2 more devices.

For a 5 device remote, the Atlas would be my JP1.3 choice.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up one on sale for $20.

Last edited by mdavej on Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 am; edited 4 times in total
donslade

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked on up yesterday for $20 and it has a 6 pin header already installed. Unfortunately I do not have a JP1.x cable, only a 2 year old JP1 USB cable.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my first post and finished the RDF. Also discovered a few hidden capabilities (see first post). Now you have an excuse to get a new cable.

Compared to the Atlas, I actually like it better because:
    The colored buttons are in the right order for DirecTV
    The shift key is not recessed
    It has Home Theater mode (albeit hidden)
    I like it's shape and size better
    It's easier to obtain

Granted some of the buttons are very small, which you'll either love or hate.
donslade

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the tiny buttons, what I hate is the grey text on the buttons. Horrible color combination! Very hard to see without my glasses and bright lighting.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. At least it's only on the blue number buttons, which I usually don't have to read anyway.

I noticed also that the dash button is labeled Input. There's already an Input button below the AUX button. The manual correctly shows it as a dash. Must be some sort of manufacturing defect.
donslade

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is addendum in the manual that mentions that.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on sale for $20 again through the end of the month. Latest RDF and map aren't bad either (see first post). I got a really nice pic of the remote with my scanner for the map. And nearly all buttons (even phantoms) are present in every device mode, hence minimal key moves in upgrades.
PJB7669

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Toshiba HD-DVD Reply with quote

Do you know if this will control a toshiba HD-DVD like HD-A2? I've been trying to find a OFA URC-8910 becuase I know it will but so far am SOL.

thanks
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's a preset code in the 15-134, its Dvd 21769. which isn't preset into the 8910.
PJB7669

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: What about 15-135 Reply with quote

MaskedMan

Do you know if the 15-135 will also control the Toshiba HD-DVD players? It's $19.99. $10 buck is $10 bucks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: What about 15-135 Reply with quote

PJB7669 wrote:
Do you know if the 15-135 will also control the Toshiba HD-DVD players? It's $19.99. $10 buck is $10 bucks.

Yes, the 15-133, 134 and 135 all have identical code sets. But that extra $10 gets you pretty colored buttons and lighted device buttons so you can see what mode you're in. These often go on sale, so you may be able to get the 134 for $20 after all. In fact, the 135 was $10 a few months ago.
st5000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the 15-134 remote (warning, even though I've played with JP1s for over several years I'm still very much a newbie):

I'm trying to program the 15-134 for my Sony TV. The TV has a PIP feature which needs discrete on/off buttons (which is always a problem! (unless you have the TV's remote handy)). So I set up the 4 PIP buttons (which still are not enough) and assigned the PIP-OFF button to the STOP key on the 15-134. Well, the STOP key does nothing. It doesn't even turn on the TV button's light.

Are there limitations imposed by the design of these RadShack remote controls that are not evident in RM or IR? Like no access to transport buttons while in TV mode?

...thanks
st5000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to ask something else...

Regarding the 15-134 remote again:

I was under the impression the "P" or program key was used as a shift key. That if I dropped a function in the shift column of RM it would be accessible if I pressed "P" then pressed the assigned key in succession.

So, can someone tell me if this works as described on the 15-134 remote?

---

Also, what do the asterisks mean next to the DVD, DVR, TV,...,Program buttons in RM when the 15-134 rdf file has been loaded?

...thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: